Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Feedback from Non Posters

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by wittejr, Nov 14, 2021.

1. wittejr

wittejr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gautier MS
    In one of the forums (Ray Gators Swamp Gas) forum rule L requires that posters with limited posts have to post why they gave a negative rating. This is a good rule that should apply to all the forums.

I don't care if someone disagrees or has a different point of view, and provides a negative rating, but nearly all my negative responses (and all recent ones) have been given by people with Zero or single digit post numbers.

In the case of a serious post (not intended in jest) today, explaining why i think the UF HC job would be an attractive opening, I was given a "funny" rating by someone who has been a member since 2007, given over a 200 post ratings and has Zero Forum Posts ever.

If negative, unexplained feedback from Non-Posters is allowed in my primary forum, the Bull Gator Den, then fine, I'll just block them when it happens. Since these members Don't Post, its not like i will be missing out on their insight, information or opinions.

It's just plain rude though.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  2. wittejr

wittejr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gautier MS
    Just got a negative (Dislike) rating from a poster, who in 5 years has given 32 Dislikes, 92 Bacons and 7 Come on Man's, while only posting 66 times.

I got 6 agrees on the same post, he Disliked. He did not bother to post why...So, Blocked. I'll probably survive missing out on his 11 posts a year.

I've given 2 Dislike ratings in 15 years here, both were explained in a post.

3. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    I removed the dislike you
    I removed the dislike you received. If you get them send me a PM and I will remove them

4. wittejr

wittejr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gautier MS
    Thanks.

5. wittejr

wittejr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gautier MS
    Another one...poster with 0 posts since 2009 just gave me a Come on Man. I really don't care, but if you have an opposing view that you feel that strongly about, post it. Its the best part, reading differing views and perspectives.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. njgator

njgator GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Beatles