Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Feds thwart plot to kidnap Whitmer

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Oct 8, 2020.

1. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Yeah, well, I was thinking personal attacks though :p

I kid I kid.

You're one of my favs, PT. I try hard not to personally attack people (not saying I don't), but you, def not. Sarcasm on the other hand...

To the substance...sure, we disagree on some things. I like that in this we might find some clarity somewhere down the road.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    good question. I literally had t go back and check the op. Apparently some are “understanding” of the plot. Bizarre.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Sounds like you want to craft a narrative out of nothing. I hate this gun touting militia nonsense and have never said anything but. But I guess I need to call them out a 5th time for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tilly

Hijacks with black and white...and some red numbers actually ;)
    ...but Hijacked nonetheless. Bad form on my part there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    They’re all in Florida bitchin’ about property taxes and driving in my left lane.

• Funny Funny x 8
  6. tilly

I remember that well, but trust me many of them have found the Carolina coast too my friend. :D:confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    To be fair, accusing somebody of "spinning" numbers is also an accusation of intellectually dishonest usage of numbers. That was the personal shot that you lobbed at me that resulted in me making the point that you weren't honestly utilizing data. However, while you shouldn't assume that I was "spinning," I also shouldn't have assumed that you were being purposefully dishonest with the numbers, so I apologize for that.

However, it is still not proper when evaluating a policy to utilize data that includes periods prior to the implementation of the policy. And I will leave it there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    A
    It’s gorgeous. So is western NC where we are. NC is a cool state all around despite republican attempts to screw it up. (Sorry, couldn’t resist)[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Some of the would-be kidnappers are very fine people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    The GREAT irony is that the closest we’ve ever come to a tyrannical government is in Washington in the WH as we speak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Yep.

12. tilly

Um. I said we all "use" and "spin" numbers. I never singled you out and was simply getting to the fact that we can all use numbers to make a point if we want.
    You then accused me of switching numbers to which I responded:
    How can you put those quotes in the same ballpark as you calling me "dishonest" multiple times?

13. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I’ve been sitting here yawning and wondering the same thing. I gotta say, though, both sides stick to their guns.

14. tilly

Run Forest Run! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I actually didn't call you dishonest. I stated that the impression created by your usage of numbers wasn't honest. The first time I used the phrase:

Second, I didn't accuse you of switching metrics, you did switch metrics from deaths to cases. That isn't an accusation, it is a factual statement.

But the line about "Look we can all spin numbers" was clearly intended to imply that I was "spinning" numbers and was a roundabout way to accuse me of trying to shape numbers to a narrative rather than shaping a narrative to numbers.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    NC is very underrated IMO, one of the most beautiful states in the Union.
    Mountains, Oceans and Waterfalls, Tarheels and Blue Devils, Military and Banking.

Got it all ....................... except the Mighty Gators of course! ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. tilly

No, I was basically conceding that I did what you said. I changed metrics.
    We all do it to prove our points. We all have numbers we can cite. That was my point.

But you have accused me of dishonesty by word multiple times in this thread man. Just own it and lets move on. I'm out.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I was not doing that here. I had no need to do so because the numbers fit my point. And I try, in general, not to do that.

I'll repeat what I said earlier:

I also shouldn't have assumed that you were being purposefully dishonest with the numbers, so I apologize for that.

19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Getting back to the original subject of the thread. Maybe the plotters were inspired by this tweet and decided to "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!".
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Maybe, maybe not. Since FL's surge occurred later, maybe it was easier to protect their vulnerable population. You asked a question and were given several logical responses as related to air travel, timing, and numbers. Plenty of evidence and numbers have been presented to contradict your initial claim about the MI governor's handling of the virus. Really no need for you to argue this.