Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Favorite Fast Food Joint?

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by WhattaGator, Apr 29, 2018.

1. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Bubbalous bbq

2. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

When I used to travel the country a lot, there were different joints we'd stop in.

In-and-Out Burger is the Bomb!! It even made it on the Food Network with Guy Fieri On Diners, Drive-ins and Dives!
    Other places were definitely White Castle, Jack iin the Box, In the Philly area, it was "Lees Hoagies", then Pat's and Geno's Cheesesteaks
    Go to the mountains outside of NYC, and you have 'Lefty's Char-Broil (the BEST broccoli/cauliflower cream soup and French onion soup)
    Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips In KC, Mo, Jack Stax Barbeque (great Burnt Ends)
    In Hawai'i, Waikiki, especially, stop at almost any corner cafe for a fresh Mahi sandwich. My favorite was the Ohana Corner

• Like Like x 1
  3. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    Had my first experience with In and Out when we went to see Florida kick oh ho ho states ass- great game great burger
    Of course having been a Firehouse Subs Franchisee for over 10 years they are one of my favs
    My actual fav sub is the Chipotle Cheese Steak from Jersey Mike’s
    As far as fast food burgers east of the Mississippi I like BK best

• Like Like x 1
  4. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

Interesting..... I just read an article in "Inside the Park" Msgszine, a Disney Publication, of course.

The article got ny mouth watering! Like taking my first bite out of each Jumbo Cheesy Jack!!
    Their fries were greatm some of the best fast food fries out. They gave you a choice of regulsr thin fries, or
    waffle fries.,,They had super shakes

Can't wait to see them start popping up! :p (Ya' know...Jack-in-the-Box...Popping Up????):ninja3::D

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Not really fast food, but best burgers ever, and it happens to be in my hometown. Will be there is August.

Lions Tap Home

• Like Like x 2
  6. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Don't often get that far south, but maybe for my next trip to Mall of America. Look fwd to checking it out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. COGatorman

COGatorman Gator with Altitude!

Jan 2, 2010
    Westminster, CO
    Chic-fil-A or Sonic (because it is as close to Whataburger as we have here in Colorado that is a must eat place when I venture to TX) for me. We have a Sonic a few blocks away that has been open for about 7 years - I don't think they have gotten one order right for me in all that time...but I keep giving them chances! :confused:

I do a lot of McDonald's drive through when needing a quick bite. Mostly because they are everywhere and reliably consistent.

8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Hands down No. 1 for me.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. gatorknights

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Carver's at the new section of Butler Plaza and Bloomington MN off 494.

• Like Like x 1