Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Fastest shrinking city in every State

Discussion in 'GatorTail Pub' started by g8orbill, Feb 17, 2020.

1. g8orbill

g8orbill Old Gator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Clermont, Fl
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm surprised that St. Louis was on the list. I figured Kansas City would have been given that it was recently moved to Kansas ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, OK
    Interesting that Idaho, Utah, and Texas did not have a city on the list.

4. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I didn't see Waldo or Interlachen on the list, maybe I skipped over it. :)

Edit: I saw Oviedo made the 30 best small cities list. I concur. I would have added Clermont as well.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gladeview, Florida? o_O

6. lwg8tr

lwg8tr GC Legend

Johnstown is an armpit in my state, I am suprised it still has 17k residents. The loss of population in Pittsburgh is misleading, what has happened a few of the neighborhoods became their own municipalities and a flight out to the suburbs(North to Butler County and South to Washington) in the Meds and Eds boom in the early 2000's. We have grown slightly since 2000, the whole metro area as a whole.

Youngstown on the list is a dead town, it died in the early 80's when the Steelworkers Union and horrid plant management killed the US steel industry through graft, greed(Steelworkers made over $38 per hour plus huge lifetime benefits in 1982) and government incompetence. Pittsburgh is one of the rare areas in the US where white poverty is worse than people of color.

7. GatorGrowl

GatorGrowl Forum Admin Moderator VIP Member GC Staff

Jan 19, 2012
    Paris, TN
    Why is Kansas City split between Kansas and Missouri? Navigating the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan area can be a little difficult. The real trickiness lies in the fact there are technically two Kansas CitiesKansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri.