Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) Expectations

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by EastTNG8TR, Jul 16, 2019.

1. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    1. Do you think my replacement question implied we need to keep Cam? I didn’t think there was even an argument along those lines....that “there’s no one on the horizon who wants the job, hence we have to keep Cam”?!
    Honestly:
    @toddrl is well connected in basketball, I figured he’d have someone in mind as the replacement.

2. No, my premise for retaining Cam longer is I think he and SS have an agreement that the entire program is getting rebuilt and will take some time to get going. It’s a long-haul, incremental turn around. Patience will be required.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I think that the team will be significantly improved on the court by having has last year's experience, a key departure, 4 recruits who are more athletic than the kids they replace (except for Funda as a pure shooter~ Bry and Lav can pick up and perhaps improve those minutes as shooters and def defenders) the addition of a solid post coach and if she is healthy (knee) Emer bringing some power around the hoop. Stricklin knew what he was asking Cam to do and that was build the program into an SEC level competitor, I see 4 seasons minimum to get that done, until we 4 or 5 games in pre SEC schedule that is about all you can figure on for right now. Cam is the coach, as a Gator I think the team/players should be supported regardless of opinions about Cam and lets see how they do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    Agree 100%.... while I do think we should have marked inprovement this year, unless there is a disastrous season Cam is going to get a 4 year minimum.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I haven't mentioned it because she got to campus late but Nina has really good skills, very quick and eager to be coached, I think as she gets used to the step up in competition she is going to be Dani like, she is that quick, can't comment on her defensive prowess just yet, maybe after this recruiting week is done they will get a little more into it at practice

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. melrose12

melrose12 Premium Member

Jun 25, 2019

6. melrose12

melrose12 Premium Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Hit Post before I said anything. :oops:

7. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    This recruiting week I am eagerly watching.... we need someone to pop soon.

8. Realistically there are about 100 people who care about WBB so there will be no pressure on Stricklin. If he like Cam, Cam stays. If he doesnt like Cam, Cam goes. Currently, at least, he likes Cam.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. swampgas44

swampgas44 Junior

Feb 1, 2012
    Who is Strickland?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Sorry

• Friendly Friendly x 2