Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Excluding wins over FSU, What’s YOUR most satisfying UF reg season win?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by bobbybaker86, Aug 8, 2021.

1. GolphinGator

GolphinGator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Gainesville/ Micanopy
    Win over UGA in 1984.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The 95 game rocked. Peyton got a big jump on us....then.....The Hit
    I don’t know how many unanswered points we hammered them with in the 2nd half but it was glorious.
    Go Gators

• Like Like x 3
  3. MyakkaGator

MyakkaGator GC Hall of Fame

08 Georgia... We could have hung a hundred on those sorry SOBs and it still wouldn't have been enough....

4. Gatordad699

Gatordad699 Sophomore

Apr 30, 2007
    It’s interesting that UF fans always mention the hit and fumble recovery as a turning point. UT scored on the very next play with a fumble scoop and score.

1966 First game I remember. UF vs Auburn. SOS.

1982 UF vs Auburn. Jackson feigns injury and takes himself out because UF D is killing him.

1990 Lucky to get to attend OBC first game.

1996 Stationed on USS Tennessee. Boat is all decked out in UT crap. Crew goes to game at Knoxville. CO does coin toss. They’re all rabid UT fans. You know the rest. (They actually wake me up in 98 to tell me that UT won.)

Every game UF beats UGA.

2008 UM calling timeout to get back at UGA.

5. og8trz

og8trz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    1984, 27-0 over UGA, 1985 14-10 @ Auburn propelling us to #1 for the first time ever.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Youre right about them scoring after LW drilled Joey Kent. But if you had been there .... it almost didn’t matter. It was the freaking game changer. Our team shook off that next score and in the 2nd half it was a picturesque ass whooping. One of the very best games I’ve ever been to and I had no voice for days after. Go Gators

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    31-19 UF whips Georgia.
    Rickey the Rocket Baybeee

• Like Like x 1
  8. g0ggles

g0ggles All American

Sep 8, 2012
    Norfolk, Virginia
    93-96 tenn, 06 tenn, 06 lsu, 08 uga, 09 lsu. I just hate Tenn, 08 uga is obvious..... and those 2 lsu games were classics

• Like Like x 1
  9. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Can't pick one. Some that I didn't see mentioned that were a LOT of fun:

31-0 in Knoxville in '94 after UT dominated the two previous home meetings ('90,'92) by a combined 76-17. I don't remember the numbers, but Tennessee had beaten Georgia a week earlier and ran all over them. Lots of chants of "We're not Georgia (clap-clap, clap, clap, clap)" throughout the game on some stuffed rushing attempts. The beauty of it was that Tennessee missed two FGs to try to avoid the shutout late in the game. Was my first big time college road game, and a beautiful result.

19-7 in Red Stick in '03. FLORIDA showed their best on the road in giving LSU their only loss of the season. LSU had already started turning the corner, but they had lost 6 of 7 at home to the GATORS...this was going to be a year where they'd win EASILY as the favorite (FLORIDA already had 3 losses: Miami, Tennessee, Ole Miss). LSU got the last laugh that year, but they were miserable after they "got Zooked" (what they kept telling us we were going to get).

17-16 Cock Block in '06. This was so much about Meyer being able to step out from the shadow of Spurrier. It wasn't a particularly pretty game, but the result was all that mattered (and the ending was fantastic...easily the loudest "moment" in the SWAMP of games that I've been to, but certainly other games have been louder for a longer period of time and all of that). FLORIDA had already clinched a trip to Atlanta; what this game meant was that we'd still be alive for an outside crack at a national championship. FLORIDA was 4th in the BCS going into this game, and eventually only needed a Michigan loss to Ohio State and a huge upset by UCLA over USC to make it to the championship game. This ugly game allowed for USC to jump us as Auburn lost to Georgia (thanks, Georgia!), Texas lost at Kansas State, and USC destroyed a ranked Oregon team that same weekend. One of the things that goes unremembered in that '06 season is that we desperately needed Louisville to pick up a loss, and they lost the Thursday night before the Cock Block (thank you Rutgers! 28-25...Louisville's only loss of the season). We were poised to move into the top 3 with an easy "we'll jump you" over the loser of the Ohio State-Michigan game, but the result of the USC (Gamecocks) game allowed for USC (Trojans) to jump ahead of us in the BCS Rankings...certainly made December 2nd a lot more fun, though!

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

10. CadGator

CadGator All American

Nov 17, 2008
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    '84 Georgia game.
    First play of the 4th quarter, 97 yards Bell to Nattiel.
    First time I cried tears of joy being a Gator!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Swamp_Swagger

Swamp_Swagger GC Legend

May 11, 2013
    Only downside about that LSU game was put us first in line to be slaughtered by Bama again

12. miloappis

miloappis Sophomore

Mar 19, 2018
    Alabama 1990, Spurrier's first SEC win
    It was on the road in Tuscaloosa.
    17 - 13
    I was there. It was fun watching the shocked Bama fans leave Bryant Denny Stadium like they just left a funeral.
    A returned blocked punt won the game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Um, the 2006 NC game against OSU, although I am not sure whether it was the game or the pundits'/fans' reactions to what they were witnessing.

Oops, thread title said "regular season". Sorry for this error.

No, I decide to stand pat. THAT is the most satisfying, regardless. The 1984 UGa game is second.

• Like Like x 1
  14. gator10010

gator10010 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 23, 2008
    1994 beating Alabama in the SECCG. That winning scoring drive was some of Spurrier's best work.

2001 Mississippi State. The year before Mississippi State pulled an upset in Starkville and stormed the field.

In 2001 when Mississippi State came to the Swamp it got ugly. With UF up 45-0 and less than 2 minutes to go in the game Spurrier called for one more touchdown pass making the final score 52-0. When asked about the touchdown in the post game interview Spurrier said that touchdown was for the Florida equipment manager who got knocked out in the previous year by Mississippi State fans storming the field.

The Spurrier years are full of great games.

• Like Like x 2
  15. uftaipan

uftaipan GC Hall of Fame

May 31, 2007
    Kuwait
    The 2006 win at home against Alabama. At the time it seemed like a huge win. Revenge for the beatdown we had taken in Tuscaloosa during Meyer’s first season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    So that's a really good question you bring up
    As someone else pointed out, the play after the hit was a UT sack, scoop and score off of a Danny fumble.
    That made the score 30-14, Vols, mid 2nd quarter....It looked like UT was going to roast us...
    SOS was yelling at Danny, we were down big, and the wheels were coming off...
    Oh- and UT had a guy named Peyton Manning...

But after that play, we did something that has (I think) never been done vs. any top 10 opponent in football history...

We scored 7 UNANSWERED TOUCHDOWNS on CONSECUTIVE POSSESSIONS, to go ahead 62-30. (Ut scored a TD in garbage time at the end.)
    So to answer your question- we scored 48 on them. (1 missed XP.)

And it happened on consecutive possessions- we had zero possessions end with field goals, punts, end of half, during that run.
    And Tennessee could not score 1 point in response. Even with Peyton Manning at QB.

So this is my answer too- my most favorite and satisfying regular season win.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    2019 Auburn. Homecoming game on Oct 5th, 2019
    • statement game
    • prior to this victory Gators were winless vs the state of Alabama since Dec 6th, 2008 (SEC Championship)
    • Having defeated FSU in 2018 for the first time since Nov 24th, 2012
    • Having defeated Michigan for the 1st time ever! (Citrus Bowl 1/1/19)
    • Gators clearly on their way back

18. unclerob

unclerob Junior

Aug 14, 2015
    1995 Tennessee - Florida. Early on it looked like Tennessee was going to have their way with us. Then the Gators came storming back in a monsoon and crushed them like a grape. Most satisfying non championship game ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gatorranger7

gatorranger7 All American

Jun 8, 2007
    1996 vs. UT and the 2006 UT game. Got to see that '06 team play twice (UT and Arky/SECCG) that season but I don't live in Arkansas.

Frankly, every year we beat the Vols is a great one for me.

20. novagator

novagator Senior

Jun 20, 2014
    Great game! Also there was that mannequin challenge type video that came out with that one Gator fan cheering in the middle of hundreds of crestfallen LSU fans. Somebody please post that video if you can find it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1