Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Evans released from his LOI from uga

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Jan 7, 2020.

1. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    There are plenty of ifs, ands & buts surrounding this kid, but there is at least one certainty, and one high probability as well: Firstly, he is an extremely talented young man (the certainty). Secondly, DM/UF will not let him enroll if there are really serious issues that cannot be addressed in a reasonable and sustainable manner (the high probability). The video speaks for itself re the former. The fact that DM has a history of learning from previous problems or missteps leads me to strongly believe the latter. Finally, as far as we know, there are no arrests, assaults on females, murder investigations or fist fights in the locker room. No documented grade issues, no known gang affiliations or multiple baby's mammas. I realize that I'm not setting a particularly high bar in regard to expectations of "character," but that is the world in which we now live. If he wants to come, let him. If he's a problem, cut him loose. That is all.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  2. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Haven’t heard about any criminality with his issues. If it’s just some immaturity/decision making issues I think he’s definitely a take. The right environment can often work wonders.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well said.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Senior

Oct 17, 2011
    I’ve heard he is being mentored in the DFW area by the guy that was assisting him at the UAA game on camera.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. 4RoswellGators

4RoswellGators Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Good Lord ... some are acting like this kid is a convicted felon.

He didn't surrender his phone at curfew and had some issues with critique from his coach.

Self-absorbed, immature, angry at adults and doesn't like being told what to do .... ummmm ... sounds like my 18 year son and about 10 million other 16-21 year old boys.

Give this kid a fricken break.

I have been around football players for 15 years. This is a violent sport and sometimes that anger stays with the player after the game/practice and carries over into the real world...and the armchair QB's don't like it.

Two of my all-time favorite kids I have ever coached had behavioral issues in school and at home. However, every member of the team would take a bat to your head if you messed with either of them. They weren't some "cancer in the locker room".

I'm 100% certain our coaches know Zachary better than anyone on this board. If they want him, I want him. If he doesn't work out, they will deal with it.

Go Gators.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
  6. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I was an angry kid. Unfortunately no athletic talent to go with that lol. And no reason to be angry. Good home life yada. People who crush these kids on social media... Or Gator country just havent had the same experiences I guess. And maybe they haven't had kids.

But, I do get annoyed when people read a few things about a kid and determine he is not worthy of playing for THEIR Gators. They have never spoken to the kid. They have never interacted with the kid. Yet, not good enough.

I think some need to take a step back and let the people who get paid to evaluate these kids, and yes kiss their ass, do their job. I mean I have my opinions too... But I think for the most part you can't decide unless you are dealing with the kid directly.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though and I respect that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    I haven't made any real opinion of the kid myself because at the end of the day nobody knows the truth. I don't get behind fluff pieces either because I have also known some really cruddy characters who were built up by journalists to be people they weren't.

With that said, I understand why people here would be concerned. Football coaches/programs overlook a lot of character deficiencies for the sake of winning. It has to say something that he was dismissed from the team before the state championship game as well as Wtvr happened with UGA. What exactly I don't know but those situations are outliers and have to raise flags beyond simple teen angst and difficulty with authority...

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Evans is higher rated than Bowman everyone was drooling over right? When’s the last time we landed a top 5 star back right out of high school?

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    Don’t do it... we all need to just wait and see . If he comes he comes , if not we will keep on trucking. Got a feeling there is going to be way more drama . I have a feeling he has already told the school he will attend. It may or may not be us. Gator fans don’t lose sleep over this bs .

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Latitude Margaritaville
    “Boyz will be Boyz”

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. hotelgator

hotelgator GC Legend

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    Great release of some frustration!

The young man was at the cost of the coach sent back home the night before a Texas state title football game.

Having lived in DFW for more than a decade, you do not ship out your stud RB before a Texas HS title game over just a phone and some issues with not taking critique well.

I went out of my why to offer both sides and not rip the young man.

Facts are 20 pages of commentary of peeps who have no clue what the young man is thinking!!
    He could've walked by you or I today and we had no clue it was a 5 star recruit...

I hope he goes to the school he wants and is successful off the field as much as on it.
    I'm not sure why I even offered a post, he will go wherever he wants to go! Agreed he probably has told a school where he's going...

Go Gators

• Like Like x 1
  12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

13. g8or1965

g8or1965 Freshman

Dec 8, 2014
    East Tennessee
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. g8or1965

g8or1965 Freshman

Dec 8, 2014
    East Tennessee
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. g8or1965

g8or1965 Freshman

Dec 8, 2014
    East Tennessee
    Dexter and Evans are close friends. Dexter is recruiting Evans hard. Here's a Tweet Dexter sent Jan 7th and then re-tweeted Feb 19th (pic of both together at 2020 Under Armour All-America Game):
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Evans is 2nd and Bowman is third (Bijan is first but that's more so cause they dropped Evans due to off the field stuff).

17. raygravesghost

raygravesghost GC Legend

Aug 13, 2019

I have been thinking that the mysterious tweet Gervon sent out after NSD may have been about Evans ....not Avante Williams

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Docnoq

Docnoq Sophomore

Oct 17, 2016
    You are speaking out of your ass. The public knowledge you seem to base your extremely unfair criticism upon is that he got sent home from his HS title game because he refused to give up his cell phone the night before. Besides that, remember he is a teenager. We all did stupid crap as kids, forgive and forget. The only opinions that matter on Evans are those of the coaches, and by all accounts, they seem to think he would be a good addition to our team. I'm willing to trust their evaluation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That’s what I recall. I’ve seen film of all 3 now and Evans is by far the best back of the 3. It’s gotta be the off the field stuff for the reason they dropped him a bit. Hope he signs with Florida proves them all wrong gets drafted first round and reps UF in the NFL!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  20. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    I hear you on that. I think he'll be fine wherever he ends up to be honest. If he does come here, I do believe he'll be eased in as he won't be here until the fall before the season and we KNOW Mullen doesn't care how talented you are...if you can't pass block....you sitting that bench until otherwise. He better not come here expecting to be given 15+ carries off top

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1