Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Evans released from his LOI from uga

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Jan 7, 2020.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    UGA just signed McIntosh in 2019, Milton and Edwards last cycle along with cutting ties with Evans. I'm not in the know, but it's just kinda obvious he's not going to end up there at this point or it would have happened by now. They aren't hurting for RB's to have to run after him wanting him back.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, if we get Evans it won’t be that Georgia’s cupboard is bare. They seem stacked. Seems possible georgia was betting their two other 2020 RBs were a better fit and enough and if I had to speculate I would say that went a long way towards their parting ways. IOW he didn’t feel wanted, even felt slighted.

It’s good of our players dislike georgia, they should. But a vendetta is unnecessary and cuts both ways. I trust the coaches here and like all of us, if he comes, I hope he acts like a decent young man in all things and never entitled. Suck it up dude.

3. FatherGoat

FatherGoat GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    I hope Brewster works his magic. From the outside, it looks like this kid just needs a father figure and a loving, family team atmosphere to get his head right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. doctorg8r

doctorg8r Junior

Dec 11, 2018
    With talent come problems, and the Gators have had their share. No need to name names, as I think everyone remembers too well. With that said, Mr. Evans, I said it's great to be a Florida Gator!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Not to point out the obvious but not all talent comes w problems. However, it only takes one bad apple to spoil the locker room. (Yes, you can call me captain cliche for the day!)

Evans is very very good. Hopefully its only a lack of maturity that our coaches can reign in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    it is still 5 total official visits. He has already taken 4 (tenn, a and m, LSU, and ole miss).

only 1 left and right now is scheduled to be UF.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    Alleged character issues aside, he is absolutely, positively a take. Have you seen his video? The kid is dynamite.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. avgator2000

avgator2000 Sophomore

Feb 2, 2019
    Oswego, NY
    Sometimes it’s best to leave home and away from bad influences. Our last guy who was considered a headcase turned out to be our most dynamic player on campus. He also smacked his head coach on the ass lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    You're right, I have no idea what I was looking at last night. That'll teach me to try to look something up on my own

• Like Like x 1
  10. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Justin Watkins??????

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. maxgator

maxgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He's referring to Percy. It is a crap shoot sometimes. But imo you have to take a chance on Evans. I think it goes both ways. Some guys who seem fine pull Jalen Jones.

12. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Come on now, I knew who he meant, i was being silly lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. antny1

antny1 GC Legend

Dec 3, 2019
    Beyond locker room concerns I always worry about players with purported issues staying on the field especially before big games. I hated wondering if Marcus Thomas or Callaway for example were going to be eligible for our big games...

15. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    "Freak RB Zach Evans to Gators is FRIGHTENING!!!"

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Absolutely positively no damn doubt about it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Percy above all else even talent was an absolute dog, he Timmy and Brandon all seemed to have the competitive spark winners need

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, was watching junior highlights this morning. How the hell was georgia landing two 5 stars and a 4 star in a class? I imagine our staff is learning much about Georgia’s tactics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    Evans is lightning in a big SEC sized bottle. Hope he shows up with an open mind and a packed suitcase. He has the natural ability plus the speed to make this season’s RB room better than ‘19 IMO. He’s another CoCaptain for
    the Georgia game along with Cox and Braun.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hotelgator

hotelgator GC Legend

Jun 21, 2007
    Boston
    I'm not sure how this play's out as he's an incredible head case for many reasons. He's more unstable than Manual in many ways and that young man needs a mentor and discipline very badly.
    He is an amazing football player and athlete no doubt!!
    Getting sent home the day before the Texas HS state title game says A Lot!!
    Not sure how this shakes out...

Candy has made his comments and Bobby is not his usual all in for this kid. Candy has some inside knowledge and Bobby is all over the net looking for info.

As of what we know now and the caveat that I don't know the young man or his family, I'd pass... I'm just basing it on public knowledge, 5 stars or not. Look everyone can't be Brandon Siler but we don't need a fire starter in the locker room....I
    If the young man is wanting to be a better man and grow and is understanding the drama and kid games are over.... Than I'd take him.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1