Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Evans released from his LOI from uga

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by MyakkaGator, Jan 7, 2020.

1. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol i hear ya and hell yea I'd take Evans. Sometimes you have to take a chance on an elite drama queen cause you dont wanna miss out and it comes back to burn you. Of course he can turn out to be a bust and be Bryce Brown 2.0 (talk about throwback lol) but it's worth the risk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Bad mojo in a lockeroom can trump talent real quick. Short leash.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Moss worked out at another school after he was booted. Some times these guys need a reality check.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    If being released from an LOI by a snake oil peddler like "Kirby never told a lie he didn't like Smart" isn't a reality check, what the hell is?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Legend

Feb 22, 2017
    Hey Pot, meet Kettle.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    In his defense they do kinda bring it on themselves.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. twodaparty

Apr 3, 2007
    True that.

8. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Apparently he is visiting us in March. Saw it on the tweeter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Getting kicked from cesspool for being a bad apple should prob get your attention

10. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola
    not sure how valid the source is, but this is prob the tweet you saw. Still glad to see it. He’s a beast and hopefully the right people will be around him. Strong and Mullen kept the team together back in the day. When they left, Meyer was losing control. JMO.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. GatorKP

GatorKP All American

Jul 30, 2011
    --
    Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine?
    No, but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
    :)
    --
    sorry, first thing I thought of.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Looks like I got somebody’s panties in a bunch :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Yours too

14. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Love that clip

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. twodaparty

Apr 3, 2007
    ^^*

Must

Have

Last

Word

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Well, we saw how short Mullen's leash was with Lemons his first year here. It took two games and he was history.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You did not call out another poster for disrespecting and bashing a member of our coaching staff. That aspect of this argument is not factually correct, both technically and tactically.

First, you are puffing up your accomplishments. At best, you never actually responded to the "offending" post. That window closed for you. Not sure why your'e giving yourself hero points. You responded to a off-topic response to an off-topic response. Neither response had anything to do with the coaching staff. You never responded to any post that mentioned Knox, nor the coaching staff, by name or reference (and your response did neither as well). By the time it filtered down to you, it was 100% not about any of the coaches. So you're not technically correct.

And even if you were directly responding to it (again, you were not), there is no justification for being a jerk on a message board (again, you are). The two things are not mutually exclusive of each other.

Second, while I do think Knox has never been a home-run with recruits, I was not bashing him. I was satirizing the posters on here who are calling out Knox as a bad recruiter, incompetent, should be fired, can't do his job, can't be trusted on a visit, should have retained Ja'Juan Seider etc.

I don't like explaining jokes, but I will now. The indictments on Knox, posted regularly on this board, have always appealed to some unspoken assumption that he's a blundering idiot who doesn't deserve to be on our staff. After Evans passed on us, I was anticipating a queue of "Fire Knox" posts. So, instead, I wrote a narrative of him actually being a blundering idiot to pair with the impending remarks, in a funny way. So it turns out, you're not even tactically correct. You just didn't understand the joke.

Also, the assumption that you're upholding the honor of our coaches is not only laughably arrogant, it's narcissistic. You've used this forum to unload your angst against unsuspecting people when you feel offended. It's your feelings your defending, not anyone else. No one asked you to be their white knight and you're not doing a civic duty. You're consistently being toxic and off-topic, as are the people who identify and embrace your form of "justice".

All that is secondary to the fact that you are wrong in your flawed rationale for being toxic a few days ago: you were not calling out anyone bashing the coaches.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  18. rpmGator

rpmGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Skink is alright in my book

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. MadduxFanII

MadduxFanII GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    If Mullen believes Evans' talent justifies the headache, I'll trust him. If Mullen doesn't believe the talent justifies the headache, I'll trust him. This is one of those things that a fan is really ill-equipped to understand all the intricacies of, and you have to believe that Mullen understands the dynamics of the locker room better than we do.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. roflcopter

roflcopter GC Legend

Dec 1, 2011
    West Virginia
    002FBB25-24CC-4928-AACE-C8625F845B16.gif

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 4