Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

ESPN the Magazine -- The Future Issue: Demarkcus Bowman

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by LLCoolJ94, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Junior

Oct 17, 2011
    Hopefully it goes like John Emery if he does commit to clemson. Flip to us towards the end and let the home state win out.

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2014
    6 Mile Creek, Florida
    People need to understand that Clemson just winning a national championship gives them huge stroke with recruits, same as when Bama wins championships. The sky isn't falling if we lose a 5* to the defending national champions. And if you've never been to Clemson, they have a real nice thing going on there. There is no reason for any team to be embarrassed by watching a coveted kid sign with those guys coming off an NC.

Let's get real

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Junior

Oct 17, 2011
    And a chance to play with Lawrence for 1 year. That in itself is a huge draw. You won't be able to stack the box and a person like Bowman would put up huge numbers. But I would rather play with a Jones for multiple years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2014
    6 Mile Creek, Florida
    With Trevor Lawrence you could just hope some of that magic might brush off and you could get some of it on ya. That kid is special.

5. Chompsuey

Chompsuey Junior

Oct 17, 2011
    Yessir. He just has that IT factor. Wish he was a one and done or even better if we face them we pick 6 him 4 times.

6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2014
    6 Mile Creek, Florida
    Didn’t hurt my feelings one bit to watch them beat Bama

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    How much of Bowman's decision is going to depend on the RB squad on our roster v. where Clemson will be at the position?

Not that I would think that Bowman is afraid to compete. But there is question of touches available. If Bowman is sharing between 2-3 guys and only maybe 1-2 at Clemson, then he owes it to himself to factor that into his decision process

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Was he at the O&B game?

9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    of course he wasn't. it would have been front page news had he attended

10. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan All American

Mar 17, 2019
    This again? Muh 5 stars! Geez

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. HisDoc

HisDoc GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The Sun's article on the game said he was attending.

12. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Don’t sleep on Mellusi from Naples. 4 stars and a grown man already. He will be a player. Not like Clemson doesn’t have studs. Our situation wouldn’t scare him. Dukes and Dixon pretty good running backs too. If anybody thinks Dabo is bringing in average running backs they are way off base. Etienne was a well known name BUT 15th ranked RB according to 247. In Sweeney’s mind he was much better than that. Interesting that Mellusi was the #14 RB and the same 4 stars Etienne was. Almost to a T these two match each other but Mellusi was ranked higher by a tiny bit. My point, Bowman ain’t just walking into Clemson and getting 15-20 carries a game. Mellusi and other good backs will have something to say about that.

Florida’s situation:

Perine gone

Davis will be a senior. One injury away. Hope he can stay healthy.

Pierce-Junior and may not be a star

Clement-Same and May switch positions by then.

Wright- sophomore

Bowman will be fine here.

• Like Like x 4
  13. ncg8or

ncg8or GC Legend

May 28, 2007
    Davis will be a JR in the 2020 season (he got a medical RS last year), Clement will be a SO, and Wright will likely RS this year so he'll be a FR in 2020.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Ty for corrections.

Davis, as much as we like him, is one injury away from being done. He has had horrible luck.

Clement will possibly be playing a different position.

Wright will be a good one but he’s truly the only one with years left when Bowman enrolls.

Point overall is Clemson’s board will be at least as competitive as ours if not not more so.

15. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    B
    But will he ride a scooter and what kind of job will his mom have the next four years?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Personally I think if Malik has a successful and injury free season (600 plus yard season that is) that he's going to go to the NFL now and not chance it with his injury history.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Anyone is one injury from being done. Malik doesnt have any chronic or recurring issues that signal any concerns for me. He had a knee injury like countless guys, and a flukish broken foot.
    I worry about guys with chronic shoulders, high ankles that linger, guys that always have muscle issues, guys who have bodies that are breaking down. I just dont see any of that with Davis. Guys like Copeland or Heggie worry me more

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One more thing... Screw Clemson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Don’t disagree but anything else knee/leg foot related would cost him major time and at that time after 3 major injuries it’s understanding to say he’s predisposed to this? You think he keeps playing with another major injury? He’d be lucky to be physically ready for junior year and Redshirt already used. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s awesome but just wondering how many agree Malik is injury prone, flukish or not. He’s healthy this year and we are really really good as he provides that change of pace.

A question I heard recently was “does Malik have the ability to handle the punishment of big time football for a full season”. You and I know why it was asked. It’s a legitimate question. Hope injuries are behind him but one more and college career could be done ( who would blame him If he gave it up). Out of a possible 24 games he’s played in 10 his first two years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. apkgator

apkgator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I think it is fair to ask can he hold up, until he does it. But he was holding up fine as a freshman until a hit that would have injured anyone. He isnt a guy that gets hurt when a gust of wind hits him, so that is encouraging to me
    Marco has had 2 acl tears in 3 years but no one seems to question his comeback ability. To me that is more concerning than a broken foot.
    As for a potential 3rd injury, thats just so speculative cant really make much of a judgement there.

• Agree Agree x 1