Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

ESPN post game crew comments on Dan

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by RealGatorFan, Nov 6, 2021.

1. GatorMatt06

GatorMatt06 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    We’re 2-8 the last 10 P5 games we have great memory.

Dan preceded the Bama game with a playoff/season ending head scratcher against LSU and followed it up with a callous DGAF loss against OU.

Also, whether we get smoked by Bama or lost by 1, we still lost. You don’t get variable points based on how close you came with a superior QB you didn’t want to use in the first place and skill position players you didn’t recruit.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GatorMatt06

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    You think our defense wasn’t an issue last year? You don’t think keeping Grantham another year was a bad move? Heard of our recruiting success vs. half the SEC?

I’ll hang up and let you talk.

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Your hostility is noted. 2 coaches have ever won championships at UF. Last year we were very much contenders for one. You're the one acting like my opinion means anything. It doesnt. Just ask my wife. ;)

I dont see any chance Dan is sent packing. Nor do I think he should be yet.

I think he gets a year with staff changes and AR leading the way to fix it.

If Dan won't do those things, the write the check and send him packing.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    When you say espn do you mean SEC Network personalities or is the national media (Herbie, Fowler, etc.) now saying it too?

5. ufmc84

ufmc84 GC Legend

Aug 13, 2017
    “Hostility” LOL. Grow thicker skin if you don’t like disagreements. You want to give him another year and you’re basing your opinion on his most successful season which still has 4 losses and has been in a nosedive ever since then. It’s naive at best.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. gatorade

gatorade Senior

Oct 21, 2014
    Good luck finding a high level coordinator/staff knowing that their boss is already on the inferno hot seat before they even step on campus. And for those bringing up last year. Remember, we were 9-4.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. tilly

Your ignorance of my positions is a you problem.

I have said repeatedly that Grantham should have never been hired and have wanted him fired since day one...

I'm the guy calling him Captain Throat Slash every other post.

I can be quoted after the LSU game as saying he should be launched into orbit.

I want him fired retroactively.yesterday. tomorrow. Just fire him.

I just believe if Dan will finally get that clown out of the facility the program will change.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Muschamp and Mac also won the east, whoopee. Glad for those umm moral victories over bama for cdm. With your logic, heck, Muschamp should have been retained a few more years. Yes, he lost to GS, but he never lost to UK but I digress.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. capnpen

capnpen Sophomore

May 28, 2007
    Honestly, the arrogance he displays in his pressers has a lot to do with it. We can all see that Emory is struggling at quarterback. But Dan knows better and mocks reporters who dare to ask if Richardson will get a look at starter. We all can see that Grantham is toast at DC and that his defense is in shambles. But Dan knows better and dismisses questions about the defense needing an upgrade. Everyone can see that the recruiting absolutely sucks, but Dan knows better and won't even answer questions asked about recruiting. Then tonight, he said something to the effect of, "I won't say it's stunning because I've coached so long and see so many things that nothing is stunning." All of us are stunned by how bad this game was, but not Dan. It's not good, but it doesn't go that far. We just need to get better.

If he's an offensive mastermind and a "quarterback whisperer," he'd better damn well start showing it immediately because his hubris outside of the game is losing him support with each comment he makes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Love ya brother but you are dead wrong and need to let go. Mullen has driven this program into the ground and he did it fast. And the talent is getting worse. The next coach is going to have a bigger mess to clean up than what he inherited. A lot of Mac’s players he left Mullen are playing on Sunday’s.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. GatorMatt06

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    *8-4 lol

It was a 10 game SEC reg season schedule and an all P5 schedule to be fair though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    So you think just one position change is going to correct everything? You think a great DC is going to come to this hot mess? Is going to risk his future with a hc on the hot seat and a fan base that no longer believes in the hc? Now that's faith. I disagree but respect your views. You say it's a start but it's just not enough and it's too late.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. pstebb

pstebb Freshman

Apr 3, 2007
    this is where I think the problems will come. Dan is unwilling to make the necessary changes. Letting TG go isn’t enough, Hevesy has to go also as well as Knox. And, Dan has to agree to change his approach to recruiting. I don’t believe he will be willing to do those things and if he gets another year, we will be in the same position again next year.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. tilly

Muschamp won the east?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. og8trz

og8trz VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Our recruiting class already resembles a transition class. If we keep Mullen it will only get worse.

That doesn’t include the flood of likely transfers sure to exit Hogtown if he stays.
    Why would guys like Elam play out the skein?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. gatorgab

gatorgab Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    And you dismiss LSU and the Cotton Bowl Oklahoma disasters? He ended last year by LOSING HIS LAST 3 GAMES.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. tilly

But people have said that each time lol.
    we literally said Muschamps 2012 was because of Urban's players.

Than people literally said that Mac's first two seasons were because of Champs defensive recruits.

Now we are saying the same about Mullen.

Time will tell. Recruiting is big and he has to address that with hires that make sense

18. tilly

Did I dismiss them?

I mean the bowl game was a joke. Every NFL talented guy outside of KT sat that one out. We were so undermanned it wasn't funny.

The LSU game was inexcusable to me and that was 100% on Grantham. That game should have gotten him fired.

19. GatorMatt06

Oct 4, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I think you’re getting too emotional about a position you’re holding that is RAPIDLY deteriorating around you. Obviously we all have respect for you and as you said your opinion has no bearing on the decisions made by the UAA, but the reasons why you are digging in aren’t really logically consistent.

“Dan isn’t that bad he just has a bad DC and I wanted him to replace the guy a year ago!!”

Well guess who does own that responsibility? Mullen.

Him not replacing Grantham or seriously upgrading recruiting efforts the last several years is on him.

Let’s go beyond Grantham and elaborate some other issues: The Show Cause is on him. His OL guru taking 3 star sloppy seconds is on him. His constant battling for 4 star non quals or headcases to then land some unwanted or washed up transfers that occasionally pan out is on him. His playing seniority favoritism is on him. His attitude towards the press and fans is on him. His egg laying contest the last 10 P5 games is on him. His offense the last few games and mismanagement of the QB room is on him. The team culture being broken right now is on him. He owns those things, not Grantham.

In any case if you’re going to argue “wow lol you guys have no memory of how great this team was last year” and then proceed to take the defense off the table for criticism, that’s just unfair and dishonest. Even beyond that I’ve listed other things that have been issues for some time now and have just been amplified this year.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    If you don’t get rid of Mullen and his below average recruiting and talent evaluation now, no one will be able to come in and fix this thing quickly. Mullen has accepted below average recruiting from his coaches and now his recruiting has caught up with him. Mac’s guys are gone and he can’t win with the players he recruited. They are average at best. We are run all over. Coach Savage gets a lot of fanfare, but our OL and DL get pushed all over the place. Our WRs are slow and do not get separation. Our RBs are rotated each series, as the coach is unable to tell which one is best and rotates them like waitresses waiting on customers at tables. Todd Grantham is the absolute worst DC in the SEC. Can’t recruit, coach or adjust. Every coach has watched our film and runs down our throat. The scary thing is we lose all our best DL this year and our DL will be much worse next year. Our DBs never are in position and allow all passes to be completed. Our LB play is the worst I’ve ever seen. Our DL gets no pressure. Failure to act now will result in our program being run into the ground.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2