Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

ESPN College Gameday can't decide where it wants to go this Saturday

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ekfornam, Oct 28, 2019.

1. twodaparty

twodaparty GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I like being on it because I want the record back for most all time appearances. I believe we had it at some point but the 10 years before last year got us passed by a few programs. Believe Alabama, Ohio state and maybe one other are ahead of us in appearances.

2. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    I like how they spread the love. I think 1-2 per year is enough for each team. Showcase the fan bases, I only watch the show now if it’s a unique location. I love the above poster talking about being at Minn for the PSU game.
    Go to UCF, go to Memphis, go to Utah State, whatever. It’s a cool deal for the school

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. WhattaGator

WhattaGator Ever Vigilant Psycho Mod Moderator VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

I totally agree with the idea of showcasing smaller schools...

But, when you have a premier game, it's kind of a different story.

True, the Gators have been part of several gamedays this year, but the first one, well, it was the ONLY game, (and the kickoff of the 150th anniversary of college football)... plus, what other team has played, or is about to play, it's 3rd top 10 team in 4 weeks?

Just sayin'...

When we beat the Dawgs, will College Gameday show up for the SECCG?...
    That very well might be a Florida/ LSU repeat.

Decisions, decisions. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tbtwnsnd

tbtwnsnd Premium Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Memphis
    Being from Memphis this is great. Beale street is going to be crazy.

5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Only 3?! The outrage . . . ESPN sucks and Herbstreit hates all things Gator. These transgressions shall not stand.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ugahairydawgs

ugahairydawgs GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    Game Day is better when it’s on campus. Kind of loses its luster when they have to stick it in the parking lot outside of an NFL stadium.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Why? Because of the pretty brick buildings? They would be hard-pressed to find a better pregame atmosphere than the 'party. It's not as if the fans & the bands aren't there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    There is a reason we had the record for game day appearances before champ and mac killed this program.

Obviously we were a national power but despite all the crying about Florida not playing a non conference top 25 team outside the state of Florida (ridiculous parameters to gripe about) or how we play a couple of patsies a year, we actually play multiple top 15 teams every year.

It is crazy that anyone thinks florida ever has to justify their schedule.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    The cocktail party was nixed when ga lost to Carolina more than likely. Maybe not officially but it was an uphill battle at that point

10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Perhaps...but I imagine ratings are the same. Otherwise they would never choose the small game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Happened to be walking through the Plaza after the AU game and they were still breaking down the set. I was chatting up one of the crew and asked him where they were headed to next. He said they wouldn’t find out until Wed.

I would imagine they make a short list of locales when the football schedule comes out, and make the final decision depending on some variables.

12. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    This Memphis - SMU game is #15 against #24. Not saying it is anywhere near UF-UGA, but, they are both ranked.

13. awells05

awells05 Junior

Apr 23, 2009
    Vero Beach, Florida
    Was the game against Michigan a couple years ago, a ranked team out of Florida?

14. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Yes. They made a big to do about it because the last time we had was 91 syracuse

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Well it’s not in a parking lot. It was right on the river last year. It was a great location.

16. merinker

merinker All American

May 28, 2019
    Huh? They almost always announce it Saturday night. I don’t think they’ve ever waited until a Wednesday to announce the location.

17. thegatorvault

thegatorvault Senior

Jan 11, 2015
    Yeah not sure.....just telling you what the crew guy told me. Seems like those guys would know before anyone, so I just assumed they decide some locales sooner than others.

18. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    I think it’s just them 2. We’re at like 39 and wanna say they’re at 44&46ish

19. SadSouthernBuck

SadSouthernBuck Freshman

Dec 14, 2009
    Alabama has the most appearances at 46 followed by Ohio State with 45 and Florida with 41. Ohio State has hosted gameday 18 times followed by Florida/Alabama/LSU with 13 each.

20. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Unless it's in Gainesville. :D