Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, you may notice glitches here and there. We are upgrading our servers shortly, please pardon the dust and hang in there. : ) Thanks for your patience.

Eric believes that the Gators top recruiting target is a point guard

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by potomacgator, Jul 30, 2020.

1. murphree_hall

murphree_hall GC Legend

Jul 11, 2019
    I don’t really see serious hops in the video I watched, but I do see serious speed and quickness, and an extremely fast crossover.

2. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    I'd really rather get an athletic, skilled big man than another guard.

FSU just got a commitment from another 7'-1" guy. They're killing us with size.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    FSU is killing us in recruiting period. We’re going after a different set of recruits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jmac83

jmac83 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Worst of all, FSU has been killing us on the scoreboard. Guess I should feel fortunate that basketball season doesn't start until the Big Dance, and historical rivalries are meaningless in the "new" era (so I keep being told).

5. manigordo

manigordo GC Hall of Fame

I expect it from a Canadian! (I had a home in the Gulf Islands off the coast of Vancouver, so I have a special fondness for Canada, eh?)

6. gatorbogey

gatorbogey GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Cañada?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I think it’s more that in basketball, individual losses don’t matter - especially early in the season - and winning games in tournaments carries so much more weight.

That being said, losing to FSU is a sign of weakness and lines up with the rest of Whites relative under performance. This last year really bothered me more than the previous ones, as there was zero excuse for that dud. It hadn’t really bothered me up to that point, but now it definitely stands as something that can’t continue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Eric:

I am fine with your statement that the Horizon is the 18th rated conference in the country, although I think that we can agree that the conference stinks. They have not had a team win an NCAA tournament game since Butler left the conference after the 2010-2011 season. They have been a single bid conference every year since then and that team has been seeded anywhere from 13th -15th in the tournament. On top of that., Cleveland State has been one of the worse teams in the conference. Ken Pom had Cleveland State rated at #278 for 2019. Regardless, my point is that we don't know how Appleby will do in the SEC or how Mann and Glover would have done in the Horizon. As to Glover's defense, I just flat out disagree with you. He was the only guard on our team last season who was quick enough to play solid on-ball defense, and he did it without putting his hands on his opponent. An example would be the charge he drew against Quickley in the Kentucky game. He and Lewis were the only players on the team who could make that play.

9. Donnell

Donnell VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hunter committed to Iowa State today.

• Informative Informative x 2