Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Emory Jones out for FSU?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveGator52

steveGator52 GC Hall of Fame

May 3, 2016
    DC Metro area
    How did EJ earned it? He had been here in the program 4 years? He had paid his dues? His performance on the field against teams with a pulse doesn’t scream earning it.

AR’s performance against LSU was earning the position, and then Mullen had him splitting reps with EJ the week before facing the number 1 defense in the country. Who does that to a starting QB?

Looking at the film, AR is a more complete QB, he just lacks the experience EJ has. The problem becomes how can he get that experience sitting on the bench. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy by the coaching staff.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    As with Uga, AR gives us our best chance of winning

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    EJ? You ok buddy?

4. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    For sure100%

5. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Yep, the game film reviews but out by various outlets all discuss and detail how AR has a much bigger upside and is already better at nearly all aspects of bring a qb.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Even a former NFL exec.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 95Gator

95Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Studio City, CA
    Smith, Tebow? Really? (Not to mention that journeyman player from BG.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    Did you enjoy watching your boy stink it up out there?

9. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    You should find another sport to watch. One you can actually understand and have a qualified opinion of.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. DomiGator

DomiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    To those who insisted on AR is not the better QB, please come out and eat your crow if you're man enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    They’re not. They all think coaches never make mistakes. If you didn’t see AR > EJ, you need to find a new sport to watch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    This is a great thread to read in post-game hindsight.

I really don't know how anyone can contend that Emory is anything other than a backup.

His performance level is very consistent, as in consistently mediocre, with lots of picks. Stats back that up. I hate it for him, but, it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013
    You should probably keep your opinions to yourself. I have over 40 years of experience as a football coach and as a coach of other sports.

What is your background? I doubt that you have ever coached football or anything, for that matter.

Get help. You have a mental disorder of some kind. By the way I also have a doctorate in psychology and have treated many patients for psychological disorders like you have.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    He's the only reason F$U was in the game in the 1st place. And there are poeple who insisted that Knox did a good job. LOL. Players got Knoxed and still won, they have to ovecome Knox that more than overcome F$U.

Starting EJ indicated Knox is a below-average coach.

Didn't pull EJ after the 1st Int indicated Knox is a below-average coach who is coaching a bad game.

Didn't pull EJ after the 2nd Int indicated Knox is a bad coach who is trying to give the game away.

Didn't pull EJ after the 3rd Int indicated Knox is a real bad coach who is really, realy trying very hard to give the game away.

• Like Like x 1
  15. believer

believer GC Hall of Fame

Jun 2, 2007
    AR has been fighting Mullen’s system all year. Sometimes, as evidenced by the LSU and FSU games, the system isn’t always right. Mullen decided to go down with his system.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    It's a very mediocre system designed for low tier schools with no QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    Did you guys ever win a game? How many participation trophies are on your mantle?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    Feel so sorry for the poor kids coached by this guy if what he said was true. What could have been for those kids...

If I was not mistaken, @tilly basically said this guy stole info from the GC pay site and use them to pretend he has connections/sources...

19. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013
    Because unlike you some people can actually be objective and know what they are talking about.

You might feel different if visitors to your first grade class had said that you had no ability based upon limited observation. Especially if they said that you had no reading skills and should be put in a trade school. In fact, that happens in many countries and, to a lesser degree, in the US.

Stereotyping a person based upon a small sample size is simply prejudice.

EJ hurt his ankle in practice this week which hurt his running and passing ability. They started him because he had way more experience than AR15 and they felt than they needed experience to win. The ankle kept getting worse so they chose to start AR15 in the second half.

If you watched the game then you saw AR15 made plenty of mistakes and did not have a great game. The factor that helped us win the game was inserting Pierce into the lineup in the second half as FSU's defense tired. We got a big lead then we did nothing with AR15 in the game.

I remarked to another coach (yes, I have coached football for over 40 years) that this game really showed some of AR15's limitations.

But it seems one has to understand football to see them. Too many UF fans have a mob mentality and believe that the backup QB is always better than the starter. Which is a standard joke in the coaching profession. And why coaches try to avoid contact with fans as much as possible.

AR15 has talent and EJ has a talent. But AR15 sure did not do much once we got ahead. In fact, we squandered a big lead with AR15 in the game.

EJ was not taken out because he wasn't doing anything. It was because his ankle got much worse at halftime. Injuries stiffen up when you do not stay active. So they had to go with AR15. They had no choice.

I am sure that you will blow this post off because you are convinced that you are right with absolutely no experience in coaching. But I am sure that you believe that watching football games and listening to football analysts who are paid to be controversial and antagonistic to increase viewer share somehow makes you an expert.

I rarely agree with more than half of what the so called experts say but what do I know? I am just a coach with two doctorates in psychology and math and a coach and athlete for over 40 years.

Please pardon me for having the audacity to correct you!

PS - I like both EJ and AR15 and they are great friends who do not share your opinion.

I wish them both tremendous success and I wish people would quit bothering them but that is not going to happen.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. bobcatgator

bobcatgator All American

Nov 24, 2011
    Since you continue to want to pump your chest on your coaching experience I’ll share my take as a current high school coach and those of the former NFL scout I watched the game with.

Both AR and EJ are currently limited as QBs. However. AR’s physical stature along with his overall athleticism makes him a far superior choice to run the offense. Neither show a great understanding of reads but EJ has worse mechanics (his footwork in particular). The NFL scout would actually choose neither because he wants a QB not an athlete but given the two AR shows more ability and better awareness.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.