Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Emory Jones out for FSU?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Diesel350z, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DomiGator

DomiGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You and your NFL scout are just fans, so are any local/national media guys, other collegial coaches, and a former NFL GM. GB has two Ph.Ds but choose to coach HS instead(LOL), can you find another HS coach with two Ph.Ds? So who are you dare to come up with different opinions?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    Lol! Can you imagine the emotional trauma inflicted on those poor, unsuspecting kids? I'm surprised we haven't seen a Morgan & Morgan ad saying something to the effect of, "Have you been coached by georgeburns? If so, you might be entitled to a cash settlement". But in all seriousness, I think he might be in some sort of cognitive decline. Maybe he knew football at some point, but that knowledge is long gone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013
    Actually, AR15 shows more potential. That is it. He does not show greater understanding of the offense or ability to read defenses. He has more physical ability. Which is why he has not started. Along with the fact that he has been injury prone and careless.

AR15 is not reading anything. He has not picked up the offense yet. He is simply running to daylight. That is why every coach starts EJ. Do you think that you or the NFL scout are better judges of football ability than Mullen or Knox or McGee?

That is highly doubtful. The best coaches and talent evaluators are not necessarily in the NFL.

Mullen is a great offensive coach. He may be a poor recruiter but he knows as much about offensive football as anyone.

You ought to go to an NFL fan forum and judge what people are saying about the coaches there. It is brutal.

People are not objective.

The only thing that somewhat calms people down is winning.

You and your friend can hold any opinion that you want but I have just as many friends and family involved in football as anyone else and they do not always agree.

But they are very aware of the limitations and the lack of knowledge among fans.

We just have to look at Kyle Trask as an example. He did not start in high school. He did not start in college until his fourth year.

He did not fit into the offenses being run by his coach. In fact, when Mullen was out of QBs which fit his offense he had to modify the offense to fit Trask. Which was fortunate for both Kyle and us.

I am sure that your friend is probably more of a fan of a kid like Kyle than he is anyone else we have played.

I also know Billy Napier is going to take advantage of having both EJ and AR15.

If all the offensive coaches that have worked with AR15 think the same thing why do you think that they are wrong?

That makes absolutely no sense. An NFL scout does not know more than an offensive coach at a university.

It is obtaining talent that matters more than anything else.

Agreeing with college football fans is basically nuts and I am qualified to make that analysis.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013
    Not even close to correct. It is the same offense that Urban Meyer helped perfect and many programs throughout the US run.

Why is your animus toward Mullen so great that you would lie about him?

I would advise you to get help for your anger issues.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  5. bobcatgator

bobcatgator All American

Nov 24, 2011
    Thank you for basically repeating what I just said about AR but then continuing on with your pontification.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gatorchip

Gatorchip All American

Feb 3, 2010
    How can any of you take him seriously? Giant troll.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    "If all the offensive coaches that have worked with AR15 think the same thing why do you think that they are wrong? That makes absolutely no sense."

You're correct. A lot of things Mullen and his staff have done make absolutely no sense. And it doesn't limit to the mismanagement of the QBs. And that's why his entire staff were/will be let go. I'd be surprised if there are more than 2 coaches are kept. Reputable TOS insider has mentioned McGee advised Mullen multiple times since preseason to start AR, but was shot down, so your argument is not even accurate.

"I also know Billy Napier is going to take advantage of having both EJ and AR15."

How do yu know? BN discussed it with you already?

I am pretty certain (speculation, not knowiing) that BN or whoever the next HC is will start AR, EJ will either be a good teammate to play the backup role or transfer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 27, 2015
    What do you think AR's limitations are?

9. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013
    Wrong again. I never said that I was a high school coach. I may have been at one time but I do not coach high school any more. I actually have coached for far more years at the college level.

Do you ever get anything right?

Seek help! That is my professional opinion and I have worked many years as a licensed counselor.

Being Baker Acted is a real possibility for you with your grandiose ideations.

Again, seek help, before someone does it for you.

Spreading lies on here is libel!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. bigkid12

bigkid12 All American

Sep 18, 2007
    He has to be right? His lack of self-awareness and inflated image of himself would be comical if he was a real person.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. DomiGator

Apr 3, 2007
    My goodness, you're a collegial coach now. Wondering why didn't Saban hire you as an analyst since you're so qualified.

No offense, but if people stops responding to you, please don't thnk you convinced them, it's because they don't take you seriously anymore

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013

Now you are a great judge of coaching talent AND player talent as well as a liar?

That is hilarious!

I am sure that a lot of things do not make sense to you.

Get help. You need it. Your anger issues are too great to ignore. Attacking anyone who dares to disagree with you is mentally ill.

And usually new coaches want people who have worked with them and they trust. So huge changes occur with any coaching change.

But you are hardly qualified to comment on Dan Mullen's staff. They will all have jobs next year.

I know Billy Napier but not very well.

And no one but a person close to Billy Napier or someone that knows him well should comment on what he will do or not do.

Again, get help. You have a serious problem!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. makattack

makattack GC Legend

Nov 17, 2017
    Lots of name calling and trash throwing in here...

Y'all play nice!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    After all your analysis, why would we have played AR15 against uga?

15. GameTime1

Jul 27, 2015
    You got a card?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013
    You have not stopping responding and you are borderline mentally ill.

It is always interesting to see nonprofessional people project their own problems on others.

By the way, if you are unsure, you would be classified as a nonprofessional person in the mental health industry.

And I have not had a cessation of people responding to my posts although I think most posters on here may not be very knowledgeable but some are.

When are you going to figure that out that your knowledge is limited?

Denial is not just a river in Egypt!

Counseling helps immensely.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  17. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Are you new to message boards? This is what people do on message boards.

If you think fans will just be "Go Team! Rah" and support everything that happens through thick and thin, because they know less than the coaches, you are sadly mistaken. I agree that the fervor is sometimes overboard and irrational, but at the same time it is that irrationality that causes 80k+ to fill a football field to see a bunch of "kids" play football. It is the emotional investment. If not for that emotional investment, the business of college football fades, and college football is a club sport.

I think college coaches resent irrational and delusional fans who know far less than they do having such strong and often uninformed opinions. But at the same time it is those same characteristics that allows them to get paid $7 million a year to coach football and $12 million NOT to coach football.

• Like Like x 2
  18. bobcatgator

bobcatgator All American

Nov 24, 2011
    My dad is a psychologist at a university in Florida so any of you needing that help / mental evaluation, please feel free to hit me up and I can pass along his information.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I never said that at all. I said his claim was one that many here and on the pay side were also already saying.

I absolutely never accused @georgeburns of that. In fact, if anything I was a little harsh in the way I even said what I did say and I apologized to him privately

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. georgeburns

georgeburns GC Legend

Jul 23, 2013

No I am not new and I have personally been the recipient of parents' and fans' animus. It is not much fun. But it a part of working with young men and young women.

I guess I just feel an obligation to present the other side.

Maybe some will learn or I will get banned from the board!? Who knows.

And everything in your post is correct.

I cannot disagree with any of it.

That is why many people stay off the boards after a game.

Thanks for you caring enough to post.

It is people like you that make these boards work and athletics at all levels work.

People need something to belong to and they think that when what they care for does not function at an exceptional level that it reflects upon them.

It should not but it still does. People want to belong to successful enterprises and the become emotionally involved.

Sometimes people will message me and admit that I am right even when they can be irrational when their team loses.

I take losing hard but I never blame the people involved when something goes wrong.

I guess having been so close to the fire I have to give other people the benefit of the doubt.

I think rationally that it was time for change (or maybe not if we look at Jim Harbaugh's success this year and today at Michigan) but these are still human beings. When we forget that we become less than humans ourselves.

I understand the people attacking have problems but it still does not feel very good.

The mob mentality rules very often in life. Unfortunately.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.