Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Emory Jones Offensive Player of the Week

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by GatorGrowl, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Bazza

Bazza Premium Member

Jan 2, 2009
    New Smyrna Beach
    Maybe we should have a poll thread......oh wait.......:D

Congrats to Emory! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    First, after the first two games DM imo used those games to evaluate what EJ could or couldn't do. I believe DM made adjustments for EJ prior to the third game. As had been mentioned, he has given EJ no more than 2 check downs before running. Unlike Trask, EJ has issues with checking down and getting rid of the ball. DM simplified some things for EJ and it's working. Whether it will work against uga, we will see but this adjustment has allowed EJ to grow and to gain valuable confidence.
    The kid is balling and we have such a talented group of qb's. No doubt, DM is bringing AR along at the proper pace. Yes, AR has wheels, but for him to be all world, he will have to read defenses and make the right throws. I'll trust the qb whisperer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He's also deceptively fast/quick....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Not so fast! I was one of those Trask or anybody over Franks as well, but Franks led Mullen to a better winning percentage. Maybe it’s the ability to run, maybe it’s the leadership, but it lead to the team playing better overall as far as wins and losses.

5. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    Imagine if the offense and defense did not sleep walk through most of the first half (after our first possession)…

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GatorPlanet

GatorPlanet GC Hall of Fame

Apr 15, 2007
    Maitland, FL
    That's because our defense fell off this flat Earth.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's become this weird accepted truism by some who seem completely invested in a "See what Mullen does wrong" narrative. Instead of rightly praising Trask and his historic Cinderella story, they are bound and determined to only see a wicked stepmother coach who was either too stupid or stubborn to know what he had in a completely unproven HS backup. That ironically diminishes Trask's role in never giving up, persevering to hone his craft, making the most of his chances, and exceeding even the wildest of expectations to frame everything as obvious from the beginning and nothing but an egregious blunder from the top down. I'd suggest thanks to Rick James that hindsight is a hell of a drug, but now it's being applied in advance with the magical foresight that Emory is already a never was and/or AR already has one foot out the transfer portal. That must be a frustrating way to experience what has already been a pretty entertaining and encouraging season.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    The Heismans come through on transfer and then he finally has to develop a QB on his own.

9. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    Skink, you know CDM will not be able to out coach some of the guys here at GC. Especially guys who were former hall of fame coaches, All Americans in college, all-pro in the NFL, 10 time superbowl winners as the starting QB/WR/HC.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GatorPrincess8

GatorPrincess8 Princess of Gators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florala, Alabama
    Congratulations Emory

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I suspect this will be the first of several this year.

12. Maybe Emory Jones performs better under adversity, similar to the way Tim Tebow played in the NFL. At times, Danny Wuerffel played best when the Gators were behind as well.

I have to admit that I have been wrong about EJ5, since I have been focusing on his passer rating and QBR. He is definitely improving. Congratulations to EJ!

• Like Like x 1
  13. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    Glad he’s improving too, but I think it’s the opposite. With AR held out, Emory doesn’t have to look over his shoulder and is playing better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yep. I hate admitting that the $8M/ year quarterback whisperer knows more about EJ5’s development than me, the overweight armchair quarterback, but here I am.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1