Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Eiffel Tower perimeter fence built to stop terrorism

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jan 11, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Paris builds Eiffel Tower terror fence
    Paris is to unveil its newly built perimeter defences around the Eiffel Tower to protect against terror threats.
    Bernard Gaudillère, president of the Société d'Exploitation de la Tour Eiffel (SETE) which runs the iconic monument, said the new walls were "rock-solid for absolute security".

2. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Is this going to be another failed attempt to equate securing a small tourist area to keep out truck bombs -- to building a 30' high concrete wall along the entire boarder with mexico?

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Bingo!

Fence around Obama's house. Fence in the middle of a city at a major tourist attraction. All walls are the same.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    Trump will most likely site this as solid evidence that we need HIS wall to prevent the thousands of ISIS terrorists streaming daily across the southern border. The countdown commences now...10...9...8...7..6...................

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Zimbabwe has net migration of -8.5 per 1000 people and they have zero border wall. Cool story huh?

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Obviously we need todo what Zimbabwe is doing. No wall, negative immigration. Everybody's happy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Fo sho. Cause clearly walls are all equivalent.

8. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

I say, we get the wall, Paul Wall that is. Minister of Immigration.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. wgbgator

No he's clearly saying fences are better than walls, thereby conceding that Trump's wall is a bad idea. BUILD THAT FENCE.

10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Building a fence around the Eiffel tower to keep a terrorist truck bomb away makes sense. The Eiffel Tower is a symbol of France and a single truck full of explosives could take down the tower and cause a lot of causalities. Similarly, walls or fences that control traffic flow at ports of entry also make sense. This is why these areas area already fortified to some extent (see image below), and nobody is calling to reduce our border patrol presence. Except for the far, fringe left, which really isn't even a vocal minority at this point.

What doesn't make sense is a wall or fence where other, natural barriers to things like a truck bomb already exist. Truck bombs can't cross the Rio Grande, aren't going to make it over the mountains in N. Mexico, especially since no roads exist. Nor will a truck bomb make it or do any damage to the sand dunes near Yuma.

It's also worth noting that our current border patrol effort is batting 100% when it comes to stopping terrorist attacks committed by people who crossed our border illegally.

So tell me again why a fence around the Eiffel Tower means building a 2,000 mile wall across our border makes sense?

(Tried adding the image but had issues)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Going back a couple of years this reminds me of the Trumpers comparing an 8 foot chain link fence around the arena where the Democratic National Convention was held with the Great Wall of Trump along the southern border. Some things never grow old. Anyone remember this? It even included a photo of the "massive wall".
    [​IMG]

12. wgbgator

Yeah, and before that it was that someone checked IDs for security at a campaign event, but they were against strict voter ID laws. The hypocrisy of it all!

13. mutz87

mutz87 Complexified VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    I have a fence on three sides of my property.

14. wgbgator

Let me guess, undesirables are streaming though that 4th side and wont get off your lawn.

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    My neighbor has a fence in the backyard but not in the front. But burglars came in over the fence in the backyard because that's where the alley was. Amazing, I know.

• Funny Funny x 2