Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Durham reveals Clinton lawyer lied to the FBI (Update: He was acquitted.)

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gatormonk, Apr 5, 2022.

1. HeyItsMe

HeyItsMe GC Hall of Fame

Mar 7, 2009
    Nah, we actually want people to pay for crimes they commit regardless of their political leanings, unlike some other parties.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Fat finger syndrome

3. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The Russian collision case was not “disproven.” You would better understand what took place if you read primary source material, including the Mueller Report and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Report. Mueller defined collusion as criminal conspiracy and laid out the multiple contacts with Russian cut outs in connection with campaign assistance. What he concluded was that there was not a probable criminal conspiracy. For example, he concluded he could not prove that the idiots who went to the Trump Tower meeting knew what they were doing was wrong (specific intent) or the value of the assistance sought, which are necessary elements for criminal election aid from foreign interests. He didn’t disprove the meeting or that it was not for the purpose of election assistance from the Russian government. He did not charge Roger Stone for trying to get the emails from Assange because the endeavoring to obtain stolen electronic data is not covered by the dealing in stolen property statute. He did not disprove the efforts by Stone to get the emails. He did not disprove that Manafrot gave campaign data to a Russian spy. So, your apparent bar for the standard for satisfactory conduct by your right wing leaders is “you can’t prove that.” The muller Report is linked in the authorities thread of you want to read it. The Senate Report looked at these contacts and assessed that the Trump campaign enabled the Russian interference. From an Intelligence standpoint, the willingness of the scum to receive the help and their sucking up to the Russians. Far from disproven, the collusion was clear. And, if you read the reports, you will see how the investigation died with the lies of Manafort and Stone in particular. So, the lies are a big deal and Everyone now knows how truly bad for the country this was. And least those who bother to educate themselves and understand the facts.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole Premium Member

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    I have to go back and check but if I remember correctly Sussman had been working with Fusion GPS a lot during this time and had been using their connections to try and get the Alfa Bank story out in the press. During that time, Fusion GPS was also trying to get the Steele Dossier out into the press. I believe the Alfa Bank info also ended up in the Steele Dossier so there was likely some cross talk about it.

On edit: I went back and checked and in the book Spooked by NYTimes Investigative Journalist Barry Meier, it talks about how Steele had spoken to Simpson and was told about the Alfa Bank allegation and Steele reported to the State Department when he got a meeting there.

I'm not a lawyer but as someone who works in the IC, I have a hard time understanding the argument for it not being material. If Sussman had told Baker he was working for the Clinton Campaign and he had something on Donald Trump and his campaign, I have a very, very hard time believing that Baker would have taken the meeting. If Sussman had told Baker he was representing Joffe and informed Baker where the information came from, Baker would likely be more concerned about a private person using access to DoD Agency privileged government data to monitor the internet traffic of USPs and a Presidential Campaign no request or approval from the government agency then the report Sussman was trying to give him.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  5. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    On point.

6. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    True, but the outrage over a PRESIDENT and his henchmen engaging in such conduct is justified

7. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    2 questions:

Why is Durham still getting paychecks from the government?

If you’re working for a candidate on digging up dirt on your opponent, and you discover that your opponent is colluding with the Russians to affect the outcome of the presidential election, don’t you have some sort of obligation to let the FBI know about it?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    That is not what the outrage was about since the much of that was already known. What the outrage was about was the belief that the Steele Dossier was accurate and Trump and his theory of the case that the Trump Campaign had a well developed relationship with Russian Intelligence to impact the outcome of the 2016 election.

Consequently, do you think there should have been similar outrage if Clinton had been elected and it came to light her campaign developed political opposition research and fed it to the press and the FBI and hid the fact that the source was believed to be a Russian Intel agent by the FBI?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    1. His work is not done and he has two criminal cases about to go to trial.

2. This is the biggest misconception most people have. Do you really think that the US IC, with all its people and resources, would completely miss this "collusion" and a handful of researchers working at a DOD agency that has no role in collecting Intel or doing Counter Intel would be the ones to discover it?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. tampajack1

Apr 3, 2007
    If one of the cases is the one under discussion on this thread, it’s chump change. I don’t know what the other one is. What’s the budget for all of this? As to the collusion, it’s a proven fact. However, Mueller said that it didn’t rise to the level of a criminal conspiracy. Nevertheless, it’s not right to cooperate with the Russians in the hope that it helps you win an election.

11. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Describing a Clinton campaign lawyer taking political oppo research to the FBI and lying about who he was representing and where the information came from in order to get the FBI to open an investigation against her opponent as "chump change" isn't helping advance your point.

Neither is not knowing the other case. I would recommend doing some research on the other case and becoming familiar with the fact involved with it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    that you bill and hillary?

13. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Considering the republicans are openly defending an invading country and their war criminal dictator, defending the attempted overthrow of the United States government, passing laws that take away the right to vote and make your own medical decisions, making it a crime to seek medical treatment in another state or country, and make forced child marriage legal, all while claiming to be the Christian moral authority, this seems to be pretty small potatoes.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Translation: I don't like where this is going so I'm going to bring up a bunch of things I hate about Republicans to deflect. If you want to complain about those things, go do it in another thread.

Finding out how a FISA warrant was issued against a POTUS Campaign of one of the two major parties is not "small potatoes" and should be something both sides make sure never happens again.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    RUSSIA...RUSSIA...RUSSIA...Mueller Inestigation!!!!! We got him this time!!!! LMAO!!!

This didn't age well at all did it libs...LMAO!!!!

16. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Good Lord, man! Since I have principles, I certainly would have been outraged had Clinton colluded with the Russians, but this Steele Dossier deal has been beaten to a pulp by those who don't. Satisfied now?

Frankly, I find it frightening that an active member of the military, sworn to uphold and protect America, would focus on Clinton, whose policies you may disagree with, but who for decades served this country admirably, yet give every indication he approves of a president who was - and still is - one of the gravest internal threats this country have ever faced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jjgator55

Apr 3, 2007
    As long as the right keeps defending the genocide of Ukrainians it will continue to age quite well, comrade. So stop with all the right wing tears.
    [​IMG]

18. jjgator55

Apr 3, 2007
    Translation: I can’t defend it so stop bringing it up.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  19. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Whoa! Wow! OMG!

20. CaptUSMCNole

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    How many times have I said on this board that I did not vote for Trump, considered the Trump Campaign too incompetent to actually collude with Russia even though they actually tried? The Trump Campaign was a clown show.

I'll say this again, and this time I hope it sinks in: As a 20 year member of the military and one that has spent a lot of that time in the IC, I am extremely concerned about how the IC got dragged in to a US Presidential election when a FISA Warrant was issued against one of the candidates based on the reports of Russian national, the FBI suspected of being a Russian Intel asset. That is the most frightening thing that happened in the 2016 election and I say that as someone that understands how the US IC works. That should not have happen and this thread is about an investigation about how it did.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1