Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Duke Prof: Libertarians seems to be on the autism spectrum

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by JerseyGator01, Feb 14, 2018.

1. JerseyGator01

JerseyGator01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You seem offended by her lack of political correctness.

3. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    She might be on to something. Where do you buy your underwear? What do you think of The People’s Cpurt?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. wgbgator

wgbgator Very Stable Genius Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Geo-hell
    That would actually make me more sympathetic to libertarians.

5. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    I met James Buchanan a long time ago.* I also consider myself a libertarian. I think she is a full of shit idiot.

Granted, libertarians can suck at delivering their message. But the notion that as an ideology it is malevolent is pure nonsense. I support mostly libertarian views b/c I care about the poor, the needy, education, the environment, & want to live in a world with more artists, writers, musicians & culture. & that is exactly what individual & economic freedom delivers. I am empathetic. But misguided empathy has been a disaster for the world. I suspect this empathetic woman is too lazy to actually learn what makes mankind better off. She'd rather feel good about herself than actually make the world a better place.

* I've actually met a lot of Econ Nobel prize winners. used to work with one - one no one knows, Douglass North. The coolest was hanging with Vernon Smith the day after he won it. Wears a ring on every finger.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1