Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dr. Anthony Fauci

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Mar 27, 2020.

1. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
  2. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    That this will end up having a fatality rate closer to previous influenza pandemics, or severe influenza seasons, than to the 9-36% fatality rates of SARS and MERS.

• Like Like x 1
  3. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I guess I was supposed to read the "greyed out area", which I was able to read. Thanks. I had my own suspicions this would end up that way, especially when the new treatments started appearing.

4. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

5. HallGator

HallGator Senile Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    Being ignored is no big deal. My last wife had me on ignore for 10 years.

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    The old Alligator (early 1900s) is packed full of cheesy jokes. Yesterday I read one about a son asking his dad for help with his English homework. Dad, what's a monologue? Son, that is a conversation between a husband and wife.

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pence: Be careful what you say.
    Birx: Amen.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    That we have. I get attacks on politicians. I don't get attacks on a leading scientist. There is a swath of folk--and sadly mainly on the right, though not exclusively--who really want to tear down this country, its institutions, and well liberal democracy, pretty much anything that is good and valued. I'm not quite sure they want to replace it with or if such folks ever gave it much a thought, but literally nothing for them is worth upholding other than maybe some elusive sense of power. There's some of this on the left too.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    It didn't start with Trump. Look at the discussion about global warming. So many scientists are wrong, instead, let's believe the lobbyists from the oil company. It is just a complete attempt/ability to reject anything you'd rather not be true. Direct quotes from Trump are called fake news. Any finding by any governmental body that you don't like proves they're deep state. Scientists are lying. Colleges are all corrupt.

Certainly the treatment that Fauci is getting from many on the right is a perfect example.

Medical Expert Who Corrects Trump Is Now a Target of the Far Right

Limbaugh's claim that any so-called health expert who says something he doesn't like is deep state ... another perfect example.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I bet 90% of the politically motivated people pushing the "Fauci is wrong" and "The cure can't be worst than the disease" have no intentions of putting themselves and families at risk. They are just loud mouths on the internet hoping other people will buy into this and help Trump's campaign by risking their health.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    You are exactly correct. I think, however, he's been the fullest expression of the problems that I believe are bringing down the GOP and those who mimic his style in order to defend him have to be the same ones that have have been attacking our institutions.

I've written before that I think this is almost complete reactionary-ism that has supplanted conservatism.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    When the rules were promulgated, I suspect no one contemplated something going on like we are experiencing now. Posting inflammatory nonsense should be added to the prohibited list. Some of the attacks on Dr. Fauci are utterly deplorable and shouldn't be allowed, for example.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

One difference. Dr. Fauci will never hear them. Fever will.
    Fever is a member here and has not insulted any posters that I am aware of.
    But sure, justify bad behavior.
    My kids do the same thing.:rolleyes:

Fever will find his opinion to be wrong in the course of history, but he is as entitled to it as the next person on a forum designed for differing opinions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. PacificBlueGator

PacificBlueGator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Fever is a symptom of the bizarre times we find ourselves when someone as full of hate and divisive rhetoric as Limbaugh is awarded the presidential medal of freedom, while one of our leading medical scientists is attacked by the right despite decades of work to keep all Americans healthy and safe. Like River pointed out, Trump didn't start the divisiveness but he has taken it to an alarming level, I believe to protect corruption.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Sooner than that, look in my Sig:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's knock off the attacks on Fever. He has voluntarily left the forum.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I hope I wasn't among those responsible for driving him away since my attacks on him have been relatively mild compared to some of the other posters on this board and have focused on the content of his posts rather than him personally I'm actually going to miss him. In a way I found his probably unintended attempts at humor rather entertaining.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. RIP

RIP VIP Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I mocked the content of his posts relentlessly because they were so over the top and conspiratorial (also outright dangerous in my opinion). I didn't have a problem with him personally as I didn't know him so there was nothing to attack in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1