Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dr. Anthony Fauci

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by rivergator, Mar 27, 2020.

1. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    I believe everything OAK posts.............:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Birx is one of the primary reasons people are living well with HIV today and Obama thought very highly of her. She loves our country deeply and was colonel in the US Army I believe.

Why do you assume she is spinning?
    Just because her opinion is different than Fouci?
    My guess is they are both brilliant and both believe their position to right.

Birx has a long history in the CDC and has worked under Obama and now Trump.

I think it is silly for Fever to go after Fouci, and it is equally silly for dems to go after Birx.

They both deserve far more credit than to be reduced to partisan hacks, which both have proven NOT to be.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    We both know the answer. If anyone... and I do mean ANYONE, no matter what their credentials are, does or says anything that might possibly agree with Trump's take on something, they are immediately attacked and belittled. Because, after all, Trump can never be right. He's wrong about everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    well I guess he's accomplished his mission with you

5. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator

Apr 8, 2007
    Someone found an acorn!
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. LouisvilleGator

LouisvilleGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 16, 2012
    See!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    If you don't think Trump would try to pull some shit like this if his approval ratings drop into the mid thirties this summer to retain power you aren't paying attention. And McConnell would be right there beside him in lock step.

We are in uncharted waters with Trump & this pandemic. At every turn he has defied convention. I don't think it would work but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he tried something like this and if his die hard minions like fever supported it. Just get a few GOP governors in bigger red states to delay the election and bam...we are officially in no mans land.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    If this post is serious, you need to seek help immediately.

• Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  9. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Actually if you had read the article, it does explain in plain English where the quote came from. He was referring to it being the Democrats new hoax and never said the virus itself was a hoax. I agree he made a mistake using the term in the first place, allowing every anti-Trump'r to misquote him, but his supporters knew exactly what he meant. After three+ years of hoax's against the president, any other person would also feel paranoid after awhile.

• Come On Man x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    She tried to spin Trump's nonsense about getting people back to work and the churches packed by Easter. I don't even remember how she tried to phrase it. Something like when Frederick Fronkensteen in "Young Frankenstein" reads his grandfather's notes on reanimating the dead, and says "It... could... work!"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Spin may have been a poor choice of words. They are both interpreting the data as best they can and as a country we are lucky to have them both. Although she did a bit of an about face after Trump made his Easter proclamation despite what the data seemed to be saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Coco. She would not put her rep on the line just to help Trump look good. Career Military. Highly acclaimed in her medicinal field. A champion for viral medicine. But yep, she is now a spin doctor for Trump after one week.

C'mon. Maybe she just thinks the data is not a dooming as some others. (BTW, Fauci, while very cautious, says the POTUS listens to everything he tells him.)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Got it man, the virus was real, unless a democrat was talking about the virus, then it was a hoax. Makes perfect sense, now.

Anyway, you know that video of Trump calling it hoax is going to make it's way into future campaign ads ... next to the death count.

Also, "You didn't build that" says "hi" ....

• Winner Winner x 6
  14. mutz87

mutz87 #glassofwatergate VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    No difference than saying it's a hoax or democrats new hoax other than ascribing who created this supposed hoax.

His comments are indefensible.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Responding for WB: Hold my :emoji_beer::emoji_banana::emoji_banana::monkey:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. OaktownGator

OaktownGator Guardian of the GC Galaxy Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It is not sarcasm. I am not saying he would definitely do it, but its within the realm of possibility, particularly if his base stays behind him no matter what he does. And that has been the case to date.

He is already running far afield from the constitution as I pointed out in the prior post. He has repeatedly involved or attempted to involve foreign actors in our elections... including an enemy state. Not to mention he constantly lies and acts purely in his own interest. The law be damned. Our country be damned.

His behavior should cause everyone in this country to demand his ouster. Yet here we are with a solid 40 plus percent strongly behind him.

Sad days. My opinion of course, but I truly believe it is well grounded.

Hopefully we wake up and the pendulum swings back. And I don't mean that to be towards Dems. I mean that to be towards country over party. Towards right over wrong. We're completely lost on both counts right now.

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    She was asked about Trump's Easter parade and she tried to spin it. I can't be the only one who was watching. Maybe someone can recall her words. But what else can those people do besides try to spin what Mr. President says with him standing there? I don't care what their rep is. They try to spin if they don't want the schoolyard bully's wrath. Otherwise they wouldn't be up there, would they? Or do you want her to tell us that Mr. President is full of crap?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. boligator

boligator All American

Apr 3, 2007
    You finally saw the light brother...he is WRONG on everything...kudos to you...

• Like Like x 3
  19. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Thanks. You just "owned the ibs."

Seems to me What Trump said is far worse than what we have been attributing to him. We will quote him correctly from now on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    He never said the virus itself was a hoax just that concern regarding spread of the virus was a hoax. Just as bad considering that in the same speech he said that it would disappear. And as I previously stated that line in his comedy routine will come back to haunt him and even his own campaign has come to that realization.
    Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video in which he appears to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading
    And as expected they're not going to be very successful.
    Trump’s effort to bury the truth about his coronavirus fiasco is failing

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1