Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dorian Gerald

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatorrr4life, Feb 4, 2018.

1. jeffbrig

jeffbrig GC Legend

Aug 7, 2007
    It's like in high school when you ask a girl out, and she says no. Then you try to play it off like you weren't really interested anyway...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    I would not be surprised to see us go 3 deep even when everyone is healthy; provided all of them can fill the role. Would have to think that Conliffe and Polite have first shot to be starters. Carter has the size; Langham has the size; Ancrum should have the size. Carter has to be excited about the scheme change, as he is prototypical. The scheme is probably perfect for Langham's body type too.

Gerald and Johnson could potentially fit the role. Gerald is on the low end for size, and Johnson would have to grow into it or stay at OLB. Lamar would have had a hard time breaking into the rotation because of his first step. Lovett would have needed some body re-shaping.

I think Gerald is worth the scholarship if he can keep his get up and go with extra weight. He may be concerned that he is not walking into an automatic starting role, but who can guarantee that going the JUCO route into big-time SEC programs?

3. 08Gatorbait

08Gatorbait GC Legend

Nov 27, 2013
    Tampa
    UF didn't move on. Gerald is a coward. He held back his decision to see who UF signed, and is now going somewhere with less competition.

Means he was scared that Chat and Langham are coming to UF. So honestly...don't want him. A guy scared to compete with freshman as a JUCO is not someone I want on the team anyways.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    He will help UT. Would rather have him helping UF - even if it was in a quality depth role. Don’t like seeing UT end their ‘18 recruiting on a positive note.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. cubangator

cubangator Senior

Jul 8, 2017
    Langham plays the same position that Gerald does, but Chatfield doesn't, he is a outside LB or a rushing one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    He went to UT? To a big rival?

I'm actually not surprised when he didn't make any more noise about UF after NSD. When you basically ask a kid to wait until after NSD because he knows you're after bgger fish and he's the back-up plan, tends to take that personal. Not really a big loss for us but I still would have liked the depth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    We asked him to wait until after NSD? Why?

8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

OK, a few posts up it's said that he waited until after NSD -- now it's being said we asked him to wait. WTF we have no idea what we're talking about

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  10. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Pretty sure that's old. And anyway Zach's been wrong before. On numerous occasions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm the one who presented a source. Nobody including you has sourced any site or person. Nobody knows.

12. cubangator

cubangator Senior

Jul 8, 2017
    Don't believe that UF asked him to wait to Friday because Mullen knew since Monday night that Langham was coming to UF.

13. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I'm just telling you what I think. You can believe what you want.

14. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    I tend to agree with this. Someone on TOS says he wants to play with his friends who are going somewhere else (not sure where). I have no idea if the guy knows what he's talking about though. I find it hard to believe that we backed off though but anything's possible.

15. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 All American

Sep 4, 2017
    Crazy how i dont care if we get Gerald or not

16. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    You guys need to look up Larry Grant. National JUCO player of year at LB position. Was a huge need position for us. Committed to UF and was not allowed in at the last minute. Ended up enrolling at Ohio State who had no problem accepting the player after 2 years at a JUCO. Very hard to transfer into a Florida school from an out of State JUCO. Kids had to plan for that early on and take required courses, including a required math course. If you don’t, you do not get in. Noah Jefferson, DG, and all other JUCOs with exception of Noah Banks, did not have the courses needed for acceptance by the admissions office/registrar. Massey and Thompson made it in the past few years, but you have to take (and pass) the required math while at the out of State CC

17. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2015
    The juco ol did it this year it can be done. Apply yourself in school

18. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't know. Neither do you. It's about knowing, not what you think, that and $1 will buy a cup of coffee, or what I believe.

19. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    So, who did Gerald Choose after all? I guess not UF?

20. cudagator

cudagator Sophomore

Feb 22, 2017
    Summary: Gerald is still coming
    Gerald is not coming

We asked him to wait
    He is waiting because he wanted to be home when he announced

He wants to be a Gator
    He wants to play with his friends

He is going to aTm
    He is going to UT

He can’t get in because he didn’t take the proper courses to transfer
    He is good to go

I feel like I know what he is going to do
    I don’t know sh*t

Well it is almost 6pm which I am sure is when he is going to announce for the Gators or not

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2