Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Don't be Surprised

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yet our receivers have been pretty good.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    yea but I wish we could reel in some electric guys that don’t have to be schemed to be open who can do it on their own. Who knows, im sure there is someone already who just didn’t really have the chance this past season and i realize that doesn’t mean 4.3 guys because Justyn Ross from Clemson isn’t a burner but he damn sure can get open off sheer talent

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juggernautz

Juggernautz Don't tread on me! VIP Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Yulee, FL

[​IMG]

4. gatorskater

gatorskater GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    He has been bailed out by transfers quite a but. The guy should be taken to task for recruiting academic casualties and mediocre talent when he can mostly pick who he wants from the entire state.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. gatorskater

gatorskater GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well said. Billy Gonzalez like the rest of the Offensive coaching staff (except Brewster) is punching below their weight on the recruiting trail.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. crl

crl GC Hall of Fame

Nov 8, 2008
    Brewster didn't light it up with TE's last year and missed on the big name he was after.

7. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea man i get that BG can coach them up, noone is denying that, but in hoping with the 2022 cycle that enough time has passed that we can real in some guys who don’t need to spend 2 seasons being “coached up” and who can push the upperclassmen. If we can reel in Knighton, that will be a GREAT start.

As far as Brewster, I hope he can reel in AG but won’t hold it against him if he can’t because that’s pulling a homesick kid from UGA which isn’t easy to do. I wont hold last cycle against him either on the trail although I’m not too big on Wilcox (think Elknis is better btw) and he did get us our highest rated OL this past cycle. I know he’s making inroads with the 2nd rated TE in the 2022 cycle so we’ll see

8. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Looks to be a UF/Clemson for Skinner. Skinner is similar in size to Pitts and I have not seen him play but he is rated 1 or 2 at TE.

9. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    gonna be tough to get Green from outta Texas (just saw a cb for him to A&M) and Skinner from out of South Carolina but that’s what ELITE recruiters do though. They go get what they need regardless of where it’s located at. Brew gotta get one of them

10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Brewster better pack his bags.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Hall of Fame

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL

Billy and Brian Johnson seem to be good developers though. Johnson is more iffy as we don't know how much influence he has on the development side. But we do need someone on offense that can recruit better than we do. Especially OL

12. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    They’re on vacation so his bags are already packed lol

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    We signed two WRs this year and both were 4 star recruits .Another 4 star was turned away.
    That's lazy recruiting? It would be great to have 5 star recruits at WR but I'll gladly take all 4 stars.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Brewster has been here one recruiting cycle - had 2 good tight ends commit within like weeks of him being hired. Remains to be seen what he will do with the 2022 class. If he can help bring in Gilbert through the portal...that would be huge.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    So many opinions... so much ignorance.
    WR recruiting is meh...
    Brewster not pulling his weight...

This board has become a joke. Every single thread turns into a coach bashing thread. Some of the poster here are in a cult of misery and are trying to convert everyone else all the time. It’s nuts. Want to know what’s happening with Arik Gilbert... Wade through 6 page of gripe fest. Want to know about new Defensive coaches. ... 4 pages of whining and moaning and repeating of unfounded rumors and ignorant opinions.
    Look at our new facilities!!!.... and 2 pages of how we aren’t keeping up with joneses.... and again proven wrong but no one cares.

Brewster is a very good recruiter. Outstanding. Billy G brought in two four stars last year. One played a lot of minutes this year as a freshman. Both were very highly sought after. Lazy recruiting? SMH.
    We are the favorite for the number one or two TE in the nation. We are the favorite or one of the favorites for the number one TE transfer in the nation. Lazy recruiting?
    1. We need to do better in recruiting. Absolutely. 10 in the nation is fifth in the sec. not good enough.
    2. Mods... a please clean the board up. If a post is off topic move it, wipe it clean and warn the posters. Our board looks like something from Tennessee.
    3. Posters... please think before you type. I get it. Football causes an emotional response. But that doesn’t mean you have to go all BDV and spew nonsense everywhere. Right now posters want
    Mullen gone
    Hev gone
    Knox gone
    Billy G gone
    Brewster gone
    TG gone

with grumbling about Christian Robinson lot coaching up linebackers well enough....
    Just stop. It’s silly. And ignorant.

• Like x 7
    • Winner x 5
    • Best Post Ever x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  16. bogator

bogator GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Fort Myers
    No on is getting Knighton turned pro in track.Erriyon Knighton Forgoes High School Eligibility, Goes Pro

17. bernie_lomax

bernie_lomax Senior

Jan 26, 2016
    Seems everyone who follows track laughed when we talked about signing this kid for football. Then I saw his 200m time on his 247 profile and understood.

we wanted grant Holloway to play football ~4 years ago. Maybe Caleb dressel could’ve been a good safety.

perhaps Jeff demps set us up with these unrealistic expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    [
    Well provide us with new topics then because all this complaining and not contributing anything new is getting old by posters. This is a message board in the offseason. What exactly are we suppose to talk about during the recruiting dead period when nothing is happening?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
  20. r0r080

r0r080 Senior

Jul 31, 2019
    I mentioned each time bobby mentioned this kid, that I had my doubts about him as a football player in the future............when I watched his track film it was obvious to me he was a track guy.

• Informative Informative x 1