Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dominion to Sue Fox, Anchors, Giuliani, Powell, etc

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by G8trGr8t, Dec 24, 2020.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    for defamation. And I suspect they win or get big settlements. Glad to see it, hope they add Trump to the list after he is out of office too and refuse to settle so that the hucksters ahve to try and prove their case in court. I suspect that Dominion, and their attorneys, are going to make a bundle on this and hope it encourages others who have been defamed by the trump bs machine to go after them.

Dominion Going After Right-Wing Media Stars Over Voting Fraud Conspiracy Theory, CEO Won’t Rule Out Suing Trump (forbes.com)

Dominion Voting Systems CEO John Poulos said on CNN Thursday the company will “definitely” be taking legal action for defamation against those who have spread a false conspiracy theory claiming the company’s voting machines were used to perpetrate election fraud, even suggesting the company’s litigation could extend to President Donald Trump, as the company’s attorneys issue a blitz of letters warning of “imminent” litigation to Trump allies including major conservative media figures like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

Poulos confirmed reports the voting company’s attorneys sent letters to Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani and White House counsel Pat Cipollone this week, which directed them to preserve relevant documents and informed Giuliani legal action was “imminent,” after sending a letter to attorney Sidney Powell last week calling on her to retract her claims about Dominion.

According to copies of the letters published by Law & Crime, Dominion’s attorneys have also sent letters warning of impending litigation to conservative news outlets Newsmax, One America News, Fox News and the Epoch Times; conservative news figures Hannity, Limbaugh, Maria Bartiromo and Newsmax’s Greg Kelly; conservative attorney Lin Wood and Melissa Carone, who Giuliani has promoted as a witness to supposed voter fraud efforts, among others.

Poulos said the company’s lawyers will file litigation “when they’re ready,” but Dominion will be suing to seek retribution for the “immeasurable” damage caused by the conspiracy theory. Poulos said Dominion's litigation will be first and foremost targeting Powell, whom he described as “the most egregious and prolific purveyor of these lies” about the company’s voting machines.

When asked if the company’s litigation could include Trump himself, Poulos said they “will not be overlooking anybody” who has made false statements about Dominion.
    Trump has repeatedly made comments about Dominion’s voting machines and retweeted reports perpetuating the conspiracy theory, calling the company’s voting machines “a disaster all over the country,” even though the machines were actually used in many counties that elected Trump.

Voting machine group demands retractions from rightwing media | Financial Times (ft.com)

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Isn't telling someone you're going to sue to "preserve relevant documents" in effect letting them know they should destroy them right away?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Good.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. slayerxing

slayerxing GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2007
    I hope this ruins them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The destruction of evidence in that situation could lead to all sorts of sanctions being imposed and potential criminal charges.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Wouldn't it first have to be known if any evidence was destroyed? Who knows what or how many so-called "relevant documents" there are, or were?

7. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Well bless their hearts :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This should be fun.

It may be the only way to get the truth out. So I say go for it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    That's right, "the truth" still isn't out yet!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    upload_2020-12-25_12-48-59.jpeg

11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    Absolutely not. You go from civil liability to criminal for willful destruction of evidence. If you have ever been in a legal gunsight, the perspective is grossly different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    The truth is out.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Is it?:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think this lawsuit is something both sides want. It might even be good for the country.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    As far as the first sentence is concerned I wouldn't be too sure. I really do not think Fox News for example would be too pleased if and when Sean Hannity is deposed (and the depositions wouldn't just be limited to Hannity, they would include every one of the Fox on the air personalities who pushed the narrative concerning the Dominion machines as well as their writers and producers and possibly even Fox executives, the same would also apply to the other media outlets not to mention Rudy and Sidney Powell). I do agree with the second sentence though. I do think a possible settlement under which the defendants agree to a retraction and a strong apology as well as probably undisclosed monetary damages would be good for the country.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Ditto

18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    If that is the settlement they should be required to issue a separate apology for every time they defamed dominion

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I think Democrats want the suit to establish that the Right lied. I think the Republicans want the suit to establish the evidence of the fraud and cover-up that has been plastered all over their echo chamber.

The court fights over the count weren’t enough to satisfy the Republicans.

This lawsuit is different. It is over who is telling the truth.

Let that fight begin.

• Like Like x 1
  20. avgator2000

avgator2000 Senior

Feb 2, 2019
    Oswego, NY
    Live look at Ms Carone as she gets her letter[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1