Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Doc Holiday Fired at Marshall after 11 years

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by awells05, Jan 4, 2021.

1. lerxst6

lerxst6 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Naples
    Marshall has played D1 football for about 20 years right? And a 63 yo guy gets fired for losing in their championship game?

it’s a bad look. Could’ve/should’ve bought him off and have him “retire” or some such.

Marshall and Florida shouldn’t have the same expectations - that was my point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    This reminds me at least a little of Southern Miss pushing out Jeff Bower. And instead of having a solid program under a good and loyal coach, USM has now cycled though several failed tenures with the one to have even a modicum of success bolting as soon as possible. I guess good luck to Marshall, but the last two decades of college football are littered with Tennessees and Nebraskas whose desire for greener grass, quick fixes, and bygone days push out success that isn't quite good enough for a never ending list of diminishing returns.

3. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Solid points, and it really is a lesson for us. Folks here continually carp about our coaches, and recently, about Mullen. Yet they never offer the name of a coach who is available, willing to come here, and is better than Mullen.

• Agree Agree x 1