Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

Do we exist or just objects in a elaborate computer simulation?

Discussion in 'Gator Bytes' started by LakeGator, Dec 30, 2016.

1. LakeGator

LakeGator Mostly Harmless Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa
    This article from BBC is an interesting discussion about the possibility that we are actually just objects in a simulation.

2. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    We're all just bozos on this bus.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. StrangeGator

StrangeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    My son is 23 now, autism spectrum disorder and deeply interested in quantum theory theoretical physics in general. This was a conversation among grade school moms when he was in the 5th grade. (Other child's son to dad) "How many dimensions are there?" "I'm not sure. I think eight or nine." "Which one are we in?" "That's hard to explain. I'm not a physicist but I think we could be existing in multiple dimensions at once." "What about alternate pasts? Are there different versions of us that had different things happen to us" "I've heard of that but I don't know." "Are we really here?" "Where did you get these ideas?" "I've been talking to (Strange's son)." "Maybe you shouldn't talk to him anymore."

4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    One thing is for sure, there is no such thing as solid mater. It's all just an illusion generated by magnetic waves with trillions upon trillions of such illusions occupying the same space.

• Like Like x 1