Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Diwun Black WILL be a Gator in 2021 OFFICALLY

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, May 16, 2020.

1. florida72

florida72 Freshman

Dec 31, 2019
    With Wardrick Wilson the Visa problem is still there I'd imagine. Ole Miss is just trying to get their foot in the door whenever he gets the visa fixed. He's all Gator unless we move on.

2. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Wilson's not playing football for two years is the likely reason that Black and Hammond have been considered commits and Wilson hasn't.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. thekentuckygator

thekentuckygator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2018
    Kentucky
    I've been rooting for this kid from the start. Not just because of his skills and I tangibles but mainly his attitude. He is all Gator. Many croots could learn a thing or two about being a man and a hard worker from Mr. Black.

He will help us as much in the locker room as on the field!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    First time ever that my favorite player is one that hasn't even played a down yet.

I'm going to flip out the first time he gets on the field!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Wait... what? o_O

That ain't happening...

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hopefully he sees the field at UF. Hopefully.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. diehardgator15

diehardgator15 GC Legend

Oct 6, 2019
    What his eligibility, two years for us?

8. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Three years of eligibility, as only used one at his JUCO. By the way, recently rated #1 JUCO football player in the country and a 4 star recruit. Hammond rated a 3 star

• Like Like x 4
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    Yoooo lmaooooooo

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. GatorKenW

GatorKenW GC Legend

Dec 29, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Big time addition to the Roster come December! Dude is going to be a beast on and off the field for the team (can't call him a kid because he's worked his tail off and never waivered from the Orange and Blue)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. okcgator

okcgator Senior

Sep 24, 2015
    Dayton
    Having Diwun back in the fold will be awesome. Hopefully he can help pump this class up a little especially as the top JUCOs player in the country.

12. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    He hasn’t gotten the visa ish settled yet??? What is he funding terrorism or something

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. graylon

graylon VIP Member

Sep 27, 2018

Exactly... another one of our offensive line recruiting Mysteries

14. GatorSean

GatorSean GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    CRob letter to Diwun:

"Diwun,

The past few days and weeks have been some of the hardest moments we have shared in our history. As we battle an unseen enemy, we have yet again been faced with a reoccurring one named racism. Coming from a biracial family, racial issues were thrust into my life from an early age. These issues that we are dealing with are taught and ingrained into many that walk this earth. If they can be taught, they can be changed and need to be changed.

Daily, I seek to ingrain into my players the characteristics that create a powerful unit. Teamwork, honesty, discipline, and ultimately love are what I hope to pass along to them. Teams that are at war with themselves cannot battle an outward enemy. The same is true with what we are dealing with this week. To eradicate hate we must work together in one direction.

I hope that you know that you will be loved. The definition of love I learned is doing what is needed for another person. I seek to fill that need and serve. Regardless of where we come from, what we look like, or who we pray to, we must serve one another.

Football aside please know that I am praying for you and looking forward to walking step by step with you through the challenges of life. The greatest among us will be a servant, putting other’s needs before our own. Every day I seek to do that and help mold young men like you, toward a better tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Christian Robinson"

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. dkgator

dkgator Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    That is an amazing letter. Tells you a lot about why he’s such a up and coming coach and recruiter.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

There is so much we can’t appreciate about the character and integrity of the individual members of Mullen’s staff, and cohesiveness of the organization from Scott Stricklin on down to each and every assistant.

The things going on around us today are a wake up call to all of us, especially those hollering for this or that guy to be run off simply because Bama and Clemson and Georgia are landing 5* recruits better than we currently are.

Stricklin and Mullen have taken a program that was in total disarray and in 2 short years built a Gator Football team - coaches and players - that we can be very proud of, and that has a bright future. Players who stay out of trouble, coaches who possess the mix of qualities to recruit, coach the techniques of their respective position responsibilities, build strong healthy bodies less susceptible to injury, and fill roles like CRob above that words don’t do justice to.

Whether or not we land a Top 5 recruiting class that we can all brag about pales in comparison to the bigger picture for the integrity, continuity, and long-term performance of the University of Florida football program. Enjoy watching this all develop the right way. In all kinds of weather.....

Go Gators

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 3
  17. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Well stated, Skink. That's the big-picture view.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Thanks TrueGator. When you’ve been a Gator since the Ray Graves days, it’s easier to view the ‘big picture’. When I was at UF my car had a front plate that said “Wait hell, we’ve waited 40 years”. 40 years ha! - it would be another 15 years before we won our first official SEC Championship.

Go Gators

19. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    So true. I was not there until the Pell years, but, I remember headlines in the Alligator each year asking, "Will this be the year of the Gator?", because we hadn't won an SEC title in our 50-something year history. Ever. I have a good friend whose kids went to Florida during the 2006-2009 timeframe, and, they saw nothing but championships in major sports. They still don't understand that an 11-2 season with a major bowl win is a good thing. Of course, we all would like to see perfection unfold... but, if you don't enjoy "good" while striving for "great", you're going to be a miserable sports fan... no matter what team you follow.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. lizardbreath

lizardbreath All American

Aug 30, 2017
    Makes me both proud and humbled to be a gator. God bless America, and I do mean ALL of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1