Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Diminished and Confused - Is Trump OK?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Feb 23, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Someone needs to dig out the "Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV" test ASAP. I watched this in its entirety and Donald Trump is nearly incoherent half the time. Watch Aaron Rupar's thread below for a summary or read the article.

I am stunned at how out of it Donald is. I watch a lot of Biden's speeches and he is exponential more lucid than Trump is appearing.

Diminished and Confused: Trump Delivers Low Energy Incoherent Speech in Nashville

Trump arrived for his speech over an hour and a half late and appeared visibly tired as he slurred his way through his speech (more so than usual).

Trump seemed disoriented when repeating a story he tells often about recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Instead of the usual story, Trump said he made Israel the capital of Israel.

While Trump had difficulty pronouncing certain words throughout his speech, he had significant trouble with the word ‘evangelical.’

At one point, Trump appeared to confuse the Mueller special counsel investigation with a laptop reported to belong to Hunter Biden suggesting that the Special Counsel should have known that there was no collusion with Russia because ‘they had the laptop from hell.’

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tds. He's the smartest and most mentally sharp man in history. Just ask him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Almost every four years, we make statements that the main Presidential candidates couldn’t possibly be worse…

…and yet both the Democrats and Republicans repeatedly rise to that challenge.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    If he weren't such a despicable person, I'd feel sorry for him. (I do feel sorry for the true Christians whose faith has become so perverted by the types who attend Trump's appearances.)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Neither side can admit their candidate is mentally incompetent.

• Agree x 5
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  6. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    First time the debate has devolved to arguing back and forth which candidate is the most mentally impaired with each side providing solid evidence. this is the greatest country ever?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    Toddler cage match?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. jhenderson251

Aug 7, 2008
    Well, official party messages will not admit to that for pretty obvious reasons.

But Trumpers definitely seem to pretend that their orange idol is mentally sound. But Biden voters/supporters I'm aware of seem willing to admit that Biden's not 100% "there" cognitively. That said, when both candidates have questionable mental states, that data point washes out of consideration on the decision matrix.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I get trump being the Repub candidate. Maga blindly follows him regardless what he does. And it is a following - it’s more emotion than logic. But I don’t get Biden. Dems don’t look at him as a demigod like maga does for trump. So why are dems nominating Biden? Where are other candidates, can’t we at least have a debate?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. jhenderson251

Aug 7, 2008
    Not supporting an incumbent President for re-election appears like it would be a death knell for that party's campaign. They were stuck with him the moment he publicly announced his intent for a second term.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I also think they know Harris wouldn't win (no need to get into the why here) and the Dems don't want the terrible optics of passing up Harris.

I think if they thought the VP would win Biden wouldn't run, but they're kinda stuck. Jmo

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. sierragator

Apr 8, 2007
    After Harris, who else is there?
    Newsome? nope
    Buttigieg? The country is not ready for a gay potus, even if he would do a good job.
    Biden v Trump appears to be baked in. They are both old and in decline. One is not an authoritarian on a revenge tour, so pick your poison.

• Like Like x 2
  13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    It’s bizarre and depressing that the Democrats seem to have no other choice than Biden. He’s a decent man and a decent president, but a long way from someone to get even a little excited about.

it’s even more bizarre and depressing that so many Republicans are so fully behind Trump when they do have choices and he is so despicable a human being.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    I agree on Pete. Not a rhetorical question, but why not newsome? Would his platform be saddled with the cumulative problems cali now faces? which are significant. But imo he looked crisp and sharp against desantis. Even a bit tougher than I expected. If he was the dem nom just the juxtaposition of newsome vs trump giving stump speeches might be enough for the few undecideds. at least newsome would be articulate and not crazy-conspiratorial sounding.

do we have any undecided here or at least only “ leaning”? What are your impressions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Combine age, stress from his legal and money problems and the fact that he really can't afford his Adderal and cocaine habit any more, and you know why.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Even though I can't stand his voice, RFK is a better candidate than both, but we like to keep things where they are at this country, :emoji_circus_tent:

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    To my lights, we appear locked into a relative mind set where all deficiencies can be justified by comparison. You say my candidate has a flaw? Well, look at the other guy!

At this point, it feels like a third party candidate couldn’t get a foothold even if the big two battle were between Hannibal Lecter and Lord Voldemort.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    RFK, Jr. is an anti-vax nutjob.

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  19. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Well in both of those clips, I didn't hear any stuttering as OP suggested but obviously, his comment about Roe vs wade is nowhere near true.

Was this some lame attempt to justify just how bad Biden's dementia is?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    lol we will have to agree to disagree before it turns into a completely different debate. Yes on some of his comments on all vaxes but the covid vax, I 100% agree with him.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1