Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Diaz’s aim: Make UM cool again (Sun Sentinel) + Tide can turn for ’Canes

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:49 AM.

1. paidinfull

paidinfull All American

Feb 22, 2017
    You're wasting your breath dude. Go home. Do you really think you're going to convince anyone here that ANYTHING about the canes program is good or heading in a good direction? Just stfu already, it's stale and tired.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Thanks. Honestly, I’m not a Gator that thinks this game is a win.
    With:
    Us graduating most of our O line

Losing our two best defensive players.

Miami likely getting a big time transfer at QB.

Miami returning most of a very good defense.

I see a very very tough game and potential loss if Florida does not play really well.

If you all get Hurts, you’ll be very tough to beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Let me clarify, I think Florida can win but not going to boast. Last year is last year. This will be about who lines up in 2019.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. justinwitt07

justinwitt07 GC Legend

Dec 7, 2018
    Atlanta , GA
    Was #8? You referring to September ?

5. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    #8 recruiting class in 2018. I'm not predicting a victory by The U, either. I think it will be a typically close game and it should depend on turnovers and big plays, as usual.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 9:30 PM
  6. I, for one, think that the Miami Hurricanes will be mighty next year. I think that we should pay to bow out of the game next season, like UCF did to us several years ago. We need to spare our coaches, players, and fans the horrible witnessing of that day. We don't stand a chance fighting in the broad shadow of their mightiness. It's going to be ugly. Furthermore, we need to visit Miami message boards and ask them to take pity on us. After all, they were graceful enough to send an emissary here to inform us of their soon-to-be extraordinary transformation into the realm of superhero-like mightiness. Thank you so much, emissary from the school down south! We all need an oracle sometimes, to warn us of impending doom.

Do we Gators really need convincing anyway? No way! The writing is on the wall.

Look at their mighty coaching changes. Need I say more? After all, the coach's father used to be the mayor! Oh, and the Miami Cuban community is in play now. Don't they do voodoo or something? I get confused about that. Either way, they've got something like that! Scary stuff. Just that alone should equal 5 or 6 wins alone. While we're talking about epic coaching and stuff, just to refresh your memory, in a great battle between major successful NCAA programs, Temple fought off all competition to get Diaz, only for Miami to come in snatch future greatness from their grasp. Miami literally shook up the world, while the people of wherever Temple is will be left lamenting the fish that got away.

Marvel at their mighty recruiting rankings from, er, well not this year, but last! Those forgotten recruits are like a secret weapon! You forgot about them, didn't you? I personally took care of emailing Coach Dan and letting him know, "Don't forget that there's other players on their team other than this year's recruits, okay? Apparently, they didn't make a huge splash on the scoreboard because they were waiting to use them next year with a better coach... a mighty coach... with Cubans filling the stands with their something like voodoo or you know, real X-Files stuff! Watch out!". I took one for the team so all of you here didn't have to bring that to Mullen's attention. Nobody likes to have to bear that kind of bad news.

The suspense surrounding the possible mighty transfers from other programs has me at the edge of my seat. The transfer portal is lit up in orange and green. I mean, who doesn't want to play for the son of the former mayor? Oh and you just know that everyone has seen that tweet with that guy from Buffalo taunting us! Whoever that dude is, he is going to crush us! I mean, look at the picture! Besides, what if Hurts transfers there?! Yikes! Think of the picture that they're going to tweet out then!

As if all that isn't enough, they really attend games, those Miami fans. Gaze at their attendance percentages, get out your abacus and calculate just how much more mighty their attendance numbers are from ours! I'll wait! Yeah... See? Very mighty. They're certainly going to show up in Orlando. In fact, the only reason that it's so quiet at Miami home games is because they're so loud, through a rare condition regarding sound waves, sweaty armpit vapors, and other really complicated numbers and stuff, they cancel each other's voices out! It seems to me that that's far better than the ear-ringing that I get after Gator games.

They're going to be mighty, alright... as in "get high as she-it, stab your neighbor with her own crack pipe, bogart her tickets, steal a car, drive it to Orlando, and riot at the game in your faded Brock Berlin jersey" mightiness. I'm going to avoid all of central Florida that day, and all of the rest of us Gators should too!

P.S. Stay away from all football analysts, as well as anyone connected to Las Vegas, after the game! The sudden realization that they were horribly wrong and misjudged Miami's 2019 mightiness might make their heads explode in astonishment. People jumping out of windows and such. You don't want to be around for that. If you survive, it will still be gruesome. Yuk!

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. dflll1216

dflll1216 Sophomore

Nov 20, 2017
    Florida’s Space Coast
    Soooo.....just to be sure that I completely understand all of the nuances of your post...you are saying that all Gator Nation should be awed, humbled, and even frightened by the mighty canes?

Just making sure that I did not miss your true message, subtle as it was.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yes. They're going to be an irresistible quantum singularity of mightiness, drawing us in to our doom. Either that, or I'm full of crap. You be the judge. :eek::p

Edit: cavaliercane seems like a reasonable guy, so my hyperbole isn't really anything more than poking a little fun at his team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

Dayum!!

That's a 180 degree turn from your previous "boast-posts"
    The last you were saying, every player in the transfer portal, including TWO QB's, were already coming to Miami! :D

Nice job.

10. G8RLegist

G8RLegist Senior

Apr 3, 2007
    I think that is a fair comment, although I might have issue with the statement that our best defensive players left. Our o line is going to be a big question heading into the first game of the season. Hopefully it looks better against Miami than it did against Michigan in 2017.

11. shane4three

Dec 24, 2014
    Polite
    Chauncey
    Best defensive players left.

12. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I predict 10 players from their offense will sport a turnover chain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. timthibault

timthibault Junior

Aug 25, 2018
    Better than UVA’s, BC’s, Duke’s, GT’s, or Wisconsin’s.;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. timthibault

timthibault Junior

Aug 25, 2018
    Only chance most of them will ever have to watch them in a full stadium. And there’s lots of hookers and cocaine on nearby Orange Blossom Trail as an added bonus!

15. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    Wisconsin's O-Line featured three All-Big selections and they had the nation's leading rusher.

16. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    UF has far more arrests and drug issues than The U.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  17. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, they were a good 8-5 team with a schedule strength somewhere between 30th and 50th. I cannot capitalize numbers so let me repeat that- 8-5. True they had a good run game but that doesn't excuse your offense scoring 3 points. Your team was below 100th total offense and 65th scoring offense. If not for Savannah State, Toledo, FIU, UNC your scoring offense would be well below 100th whereas ours minus the weaker teams we played is still respectable.

Wisconsin was a top 40 total offense, barely, and 61st scoring offense. It's not as if you had a solid season but suffered a single bad loss in your bowl game. I really do respect Wisonsin's OL but as a whole they were just an average team at 8-5. We could regress on offense but not likely enough as a team overall to lose to miami under a new coach first game of his career. Hopefully by the time you play fsu you'll be better, good enough to embarrass them.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. timthibault

timthibault Junior

Aug 25, 2018
    Wait are we talking about past players or the large contingent of U fans? Lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    All in the 1st year in the 1st game of a 1st year defensive HC.

We have a lot of talent on the OL in their 2nd year in the system.

We lost CGJ, but we gain Marco and Burney is going to be a stud. We also gained Greenard we was a monster for UL and familiar with Grantham.

If the canes strike out on the QB's they're in real trouble.

And tbh they lost their most formidable players along the DL.

We should win this game, and we should win in a blowout.

Lastly, Dan has already circled this game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. mulegator

mulegator Neanderthal Ninja Vigilante Moderator VIP Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Tallahassee
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1