Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Diaz’s aim: Make UM cool again (Sun Sentinel) + Tide can turn for ’Canes

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorjjh, Jan 11, 2019 at 8:49 AM.

1. WhattaGator

WhattaGator All Along The Watchtower Moderator VIP Member

By the time they run over the canes... just fine!

How's your recruiting class going ? :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. paidinfull

paidinfull All American

Feb 22, 2017
    How's the canes forum looking?

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    UM football

Tide can turn for ’Canes

Hiring of Alabama guru Enos expected to energize Miami offense

By Christy Cabrera Chirinos South Florida Sun Sentinel
    CORAL GABLES — New Hurricanes coach Manny Diaz has his offensive coordinator.
    After days of speculation about who would be hired to fix Miami’s beleaguered offense, Diaz has chosen former Alabama associate head coach and quarterbacks coach Dan Enos to do just that, Miami announced Friday afternoon.

“Dan was a guy that was the No. 1 choice all along,” Diaz said. “It was a long process in order to get it secured with [Alabama] playing in the national championship game. That changed our timetable and the ability to be able to finish the deal. We wanted to be very respectful about that.

“But this is the guy that met every requirement of what we were looking for as an offensive coordinator, and the most exciting thing is that he believes in the University of Miami. He believes in what we can accomplish here and is really excited to get down here and get going.”
    Diaz’s hire of Enos is quite the coup for the first-time head coach.

Tide can turn for ’Canes

4. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    U fans don't even show up in Miami for a home game and you think there will be a large contingent of them in Orlando?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    ucf fans will show up to root against the Gators

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Cavalier,

Questions: Bubba Bolden suspended from USC for 28 months from USC. May have been reinstated recently but will Miami allow him to play or investigate why ( situation at a party) suspended and possibly sit him? I ask because there’s a reason he’s leaving SC.

How many QB’s will truly compete for job? Will J. Williams be given a shot? ALLISON looks like a future star so best may have gotten away.

Who is the back up RB behind Dallas?

Did your three lb’s really fall that far down draft boards? Why did all three come back? Most expected one to leave. Is it a speed and coverage issue for Quarterman? I really like all three just think 2/3 made a bad decision staying.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    Is Enos really a Guru? The article that gatorjjh posted was the first I’ve heard of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl

9. Gator72211

Gator72211 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 10, 2015
    I get it. This is the same reporter as the one you posted up above. I appreciate you posting the article to begin with. All I was asking is Enos a legit guru or is this just another hyperbolic use of the term.
    I know Coach Diaz and South Florida reporters will spin it to the positive. I just never heard much if anything memorable about Enos before now which I realize doesn’t mean much.
    I was mostly looking for others thoughts on Enos.
    Either way I hope he’s not too good. I still would like to beat Miami next year. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I have not followed him in the past soIcan't say how effective he will be but if he is successful it will be beacause he got more out of that lockerroom the Mark Richt could, new blood is often all it takes but I have my doubts and I feel pretty confident about winning our 2019 Opener :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    Bolden was a high school teammate of Brevin Jorden (#1 TE) and Tate Martell (tOSU QB) @ Bishp Goman High. Both of our senior saftes will be drafted. The three LB's elected to stay to graduate and improve their draft status. Behind DeeJay Dallas The U has 5 star RB Lorenzo. Lingard and two local four stars in CamRon Davis and Robert Burns, and a four star transfer from Auburn.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 10:56 AM
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    46,000 season ticket holders (a U record) will increase with Manny Diaz as coach His father was the popular former Mayor of Miami. Our large Cuban-American community should support Manny Diaz tremendously. There were plenty of U fans in Dallas vs LSU in September. There will be many more in Orlando. I expect 60% Gators and 40% 'Canes in the stadium.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    Our recruiting is picking-up! #1 transfer LOT, Kennedy, USC safety Bubba Bolden, Buffalo All-MAC wr Osborne, and possibly, both QBs, Jalen Hurts and Tate Martell. Our 2018 class was #8. Our 2020 class is currently #5.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. WhattaGator

"Currently picking up " is about the same thing as "Click your ruby slippers"..... merely wishing..

Any solid commits? Nah. Your "top 2020 class does nothing for you now, especially when you're crowing about our upcoming game THIS upcoming season.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    You do realize that a cumulative number of 46,000 for the last ten years of season ticket holders isn't the same as 46,000 for a single season, don't you?

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    You do realize that The U's #8 2018 recruiting class will be of far more use than your 2019 freshman class in the opening game?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 6:28 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    Check NCAA attendance figures. The U averages far better attendance % than UF does, per alumni/students. Attendance at The Swamp has dipped significantly. The U will be well represented in Orlando on 8/31.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. WhattaGator

Uhh,.... do you realize that our 2018 Gator TEAM came in at #7 In the Country?

I'll take that, over the cane's 7-6 record, and raise you a Stiner INT over your "acquisitions . :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. cavaliercane

cavaliercane Sophomore

Jun 16, 2018
    UF's O-Line graduated and your best defensive players left early. These will be the 2019 teams, NOT the 2018 teams playing.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Just out of curiousity, what color is the sky in your world? Your attendance has historically been abysmal. We had something like 30+ years of sellouts in a stadium that seats over 90k. Even with our down years recently, we had
    attendance that SCuM could only dream about. Going by ratio of students is ludicrous. Duke and Vandy draw more than SCuM does if going by student ratio is your standard. And if you're going to use that kind of logic, more people live in Miami than live in Gainesville, so work that ratio in.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1