Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Despite Being Best Candidate Biden Being Pushed Aside

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by madgator, Feb 11, 2019.

1. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    Not leftist enough and the new democrat party is admittedly racist according to a poll of top democrat strategists.

"Strikingly, these conversations yielded a similar view: The Democratic political community is more broadly and deeply pessimistic about Biden’s potential candidacy than is commonly known. While these strategists said they respect Biden, they cited significant disadvantages for his campaign — from the increasingly liberal and non-white Democratic electorate to policy baggage from his years in the Senate and a field of rivals that includes new, fresh-faced candidates."

“Let’s be honest: He’s an older white guy,” said Jim Cauley, a longtime Kentucky-based Democratic strategist. “Does he connect with the base?”

Read more here: ‘Weaker candidate than Hillary’: Democrats cast deep doubt on Biden’s 2020 value

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Biden is being pushed aside because of his track record and tendency to make unforced errors. He comes off as old and out of touch in a time where people want somebody younger and more forward-thinking. Then again, you're a hardcore Trump supporter. Why would the Democrats care about what you want in a candidate?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

If unforced errors concern you, then Harris and Booker are already over and done.

As for me, what I find interesting is that their best candidate to actually win the national election on very sound basis' according to DEMOCRAT STRATEGISTS is being pushed aside in large part on the basis of race.

Like I've been saying. I'm betting that we'll never see a straight white male on top of the democrat party ticket for the rest of my lifetime.....

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Rocinante

Rocinante Junior

May 28, 2013
    I will certainly be voting Democratic no matter who they put up. With that said, I would like to see a Bloomberg or Biden type Dem in the general. My only issue with both of these men is their age.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This is a terrible take in the OP. Biden is way too old at 76 and the only people wanting him to run are righties who know he would get run over.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    How many Republican strategists thought Trump was the best candidate?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

At least one....Ann Coulter

not sure if she is really a "strategist" but she was definitely correct. But if you actually read the article, it goes on about all of his positives and then basically says

but he's white

8. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    She's not a strategist. The appeal of Trump was that the establishment wrote him off and didn't want him. Don't try to rewrite history.

Why would I read the article? I know why Biden isn't the #1 choice for a lot of Dems. He's old, he has a troublesome track record, he comes off as out of touch, and he makes a lot of unforced errors. One of those things wouldn't be problematic. All of those things are.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Well the Repubs are the white male party, so it's just smart politics to present alternatives to that. Given that white males make up about 31% of the US population and given that we've only ever had one non-white non-male president in the history of our country, it would be just fine if the Dems nominated females or persons of color for the next number of presidential elections.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida
    in today's world of non-stop media, unforced errors are pretty much on the table for every politician. Never ever heard anyone ever accused Biden of being out of touch. He's always come across as being a cool guy.

So that means all that's there is that He's not leftist enough (maybe what you mean by out of touch) and he's white.....

11. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

But if you are avoiding qualified candidates strictly on the basis of skin color.....it's racism all the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    Well the Repubs surely would know about avoiding candidates based on skin color. Let us know when they nominate someone who isn't a white male.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

Did I ever claim that it wasn't? But I do hear the democrats pointing that out and making the accusation accordingly.

All I'm saying is that racism is racism no matter where it comes from.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. dangolegators

Apr 26, 2007
    OK, but do let us know when the White Male Party nominates someone who isn't a white male.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Old white guy was so 2016 (well almost). Won't happen again with the Democratic Party. Hell, I'm not sure white guy of any age will happen again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Yeah, this isn't the sort of unforced error that a Democrat usually makes:
    Joe Biden’s Paid Speech Buoyed the G.O.P. in Midwest Battleground

He took $200,000 to stump for a Republican in a close race and helped him win. There are a lot of people who won't forgive Biden for how he handled the Anita Hill hearings. And then you have all of the comments Biden has made in the past that border on racist. I don't think Biden is a bad guy, but he is old and out of touch. That is not what the Democrats want right now. They want somebody who can connect with and energize younger voters.

17. gator_lawyer

Oct 30, 2017
    Is there a lack of enthusiasm for Beto O'Rourke or Bernie Sanders?

EDIT: Also, if you're claiming this is on the basis of skin color, it would apply to white women too. You don't seem to want to make that argument.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

White women have been blessed with being under the "democrat victim umbrella"

albeit begrudgingly as they have snapped at that group quite a few times. problem is that they know that they need that group

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    ………… it's racist and sexist.

20. madgator

madgator GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    South Florida

When they put Beto or Bernie on top of the ticket, I'll eat my words

but Beto is being geared up for the VP spot....which is the new "glass ceiling" for white men in the democrat party

• Funny Funny x 1