Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis with highest approval rating in Florida in a decade

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Mar 14, 2019.

1. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I'm not surprised. He's been crushing it on the environmental side so far, which was the biggest issue for most Floridians last election. I voted for him very very tepidly, but if he can lead with common sense ideas I think perhaps he can be very good for the state. It's also only been two months, plenty of time to make me regret my vote.

DeSantis gets highest approval for Florida governor in 10 years in recent poll

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ursidman

ursidman GC Hall of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Murphy NC
    I was an environmental voter last election and I was wrong. He was such a Trump suck up I did not trust him. But he has cleaned out some of the stench and corruption from Scott's administration especially appointees to state environmental boards as well as addressing recent initiatives passed by citizens but ignored by the Florida house and senate. I am pleasantly surprised and give him an above average grade.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I voted for him, and I am proud to say that he has not disappointed me in his support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Yeh but, but, but …. DeSantis once had admin "authorities" on a web site where some user once posted "white supremist" comments …. so, uh, gee … DeSantis is unfit to be Gov. Well, at least that's what I read on this very board.

5. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Legend

Nov 19, 2016
    You can be a competent governor and still hold racist views.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. danmann65

danmann65 GC Hall of Fame

May 22, 2015
    I voted for him figuring he was the lesser of two evils. Gillum was a sleaze bag who would have done nothing to reclaim the Everglades. I have been pleasantly surprised.

7. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    I voted for the other guy while holding my nose, but I must say, so far, so good, thumbs up. Keep up the good work sir.

• Agree Agree x 1