Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis says bring on the cargo ships to florida

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by buckeyegator, Oct 21, 2021.

1. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    So you’re asking if public safety workers should increase public safety? :devil:

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Is there some foreign port to which we can ship DeSantis?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Yep, that’s where my fan is.

4. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    I don't think So Cal is being hit as hard by the pineapple express that hit Nor Cal last night. It was a real frog choker. I have only heard about some local landslides and mudflows near creeks impacted by the fires. No groundcover due to fire leads to erosion and mass wasting. I assume most of the truck/haulers head east from I-10. If the port are impacted or roads washed out, expect more delays.

5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Really?
    Are vaccines hard to come by in Florida?

Anyone who wants one can easily get one.
    Forcing something on someone that they are already uneasy with will not increase compliance. (that's Human nature).

6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    No, I asked a question about a specific set of circumstances, you chose not to answer and instead tried to gain a cheap point.

All ask again if some has had COVID (it can be proven) should they be forced to get the vaccine or lose their job?

7. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    My well made point contained the answer, you just didn’t care for it. I feel the same about healthcare workers, firefighters, etc. ymmv

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. woollybooger

woollybooger VIP Member

Jul 31, 2018
    If China didn't pose the threat to the world they do, there is nothing really wrong about free trade and if free countries elsewhere could compete, like South America, it would still be okay. The USA was one of the countries promoting it in the 80's, but that built China up and turned out to be a big mistake didn't it. I believe you are a Trump hater and have your reasons, but his approach to solving this issue was light years better than this administration is doing so far. The port unloading is just one of the results of this policy difference and won't be solved for years to come. We definitely need to get back to some degree of self sufficiency in the future, as hard as that will be on the American consumer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  9. littlebluelw

littlebluelw Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Adding perspective? Nah man that’s called backpedaling like an NFL corner. You doubled down on calling the man a liar and lost. Making you look like a bigger ass.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

We changed the rule a few years ago once we realized politicians deserve it. ;)

100% false.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    That's the very basis of an ordered society. People have to do things they don't like all the time because society has rules and some rules are inconvenient.

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. tilly

In fairness, we have all forgotten what that looks like under Grantham.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No, that is 100% true. Obama and Hillary had like a dozen offensive nicknames on this board. One guy used to just call her "the cuckqueen". But when I started calling Trump "dotard" or "dear leader", I got PMs from mods... Are you saying that's allowed again?

• Like Like x 1
  14. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    And you still didn't answer, that's fine perhaps you don't want to follow the science ...

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    So much for following the science...

16. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Personally I don't care what names people call any Politician, it is rather childish however IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    The science shows that the effects from both natural immunity and the vaccine weaken and wear off over time. The science does not show vaccines being dangerous. That makes it very simple to me. The reward outweighs the risk. Get vaccinated.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Oh yeah, it's very childish, I just want some clarity on the rules, because I'm pretty sure the Moderator a few steps up saying insulting politicians is allowed, is also the same mod who told me to stop calling Trump "Dotard" -- after Kim Jung Un called him that... I mean, if insults are back on, it's hard to argue that their policy doesn't change by who is in office...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. tilly

I am saying that within reason it is. A couple years ago we changed it. We did not make some grand announcement to turn it into a free for all, but we are much more lenient...providing the name does not violate other existing rules.

Calling Trump "the lying orange guy" is OK.
    Calling him a "lying M***F***er" is not.

20. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    Fair enough ...