Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis says bring on the cargo ships to florida

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by buckeyegator, Oct 21, 2021.

1. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    What are you talking about? Oil spill + lack of skilled workers + pandemic = democratic party collusion with California. Dude, put the pipe down, you've had enough.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that. The vaccine mandates are all part of that plan too. Vaccine mandates are killing jobs too.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    ah, sarcasm at it's best, very good

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    As an aside, is it the Govt's job to solve a free-market problem. Ponder that if you will...
    Although, I do believe that Trump/Gov't should have taken a stronger role when the pandemic first started almost 2 years ago. As a medical emergency / public health emergency. Unfortunately Trump had neither the balls nor the brains to deal with a national emergency. Big surprise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    and sleepy joe/no border kamala do?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. tarponbro

tarponbro GC Legend

Feb 10, 2016
    Biden is talking about using the National Guard to truck goods from the ports.

7. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    IMHO at least Joe and Kamala are attempting to act on the health emergency. And are having to fight the republican governors and senate/house every step of the way. Trump and the GOP have been undercutting all medical / emergency actions with respect to the pandemic. Masks don't work, the economy is more important than public health, vaccines are bad, the pandemic will be over by Easter, shove some light up the bung hole, inject some bleach into the lungs. As I stated earlier, in another post, if Trump had promoted "Stop the Spread" at the start of the pandemic in March 2020, with as much effort as he promoted "Stop the Steal" he would likely still be president.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

But multiple references just upthread of "DeSatan" sure are deep and complex right? o_O

9. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    Sorry, I am too lazy to learn how to spell his name correctly. And De Satan works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    Still hold out to the fact that De Santinist was just pushing political theater with respect to SoCal log jam. And no one answered my question concerning why the Gov't needs to solve a free market issue?

So we get to pay twice as much for goods and services and the government bails out the shipping company too. What a country!

• Like Like x 1
  11. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    here is a thought, maybe some of the illegals on the border can drive trucks. put them to work offloading the cargo if they want to be here .those that work hard let them keep working until the bottleneck is cleaned up, those that dont ship back to mexico

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

No no. By all means, carry on with your mature, deeply complex take.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Trickster

Trickster Premium Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Two wrongs don’t make a right, and “DeSatan” is definitely a wrong. I’ve no respect for DeSantis, but a Satan hes not.

14. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    We should build more stuff right here in the US. Seems like this is a wake-up call, announcing the perils of importing just about everything from half a planet away.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    gee, that would require people wanting to work to make products, don't see much of that now do you?

16. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Build the factories, pay a decent wage, and they will come. The current situation illustrates what happens when commuter consumerism developes a bottleneck.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    No. "Satan," should be reserved for Sabin.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject with my attempted poor-humor. I actually added some information re. SoCal shipping. Since I am in Cali, I caught some of the discussion on news last night and then googled Port of Oakland to look into that ports capacity and why it was not at full capacity.

If you guys promise to stop calling the president Sleepy Joe, I will stop calling DeSantis that other name.

19. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    this isnt a new crises. How many more weeks is he just going to talk about it before actually implementing something.

20. surfin_bird

surfin_bird GC Legend

Jan 24, 2017
    See above. Very mature Gator 515151. At least I owned up to it. And I did add relevant information to the discussion, re Port of Oakland and why China shipping will not move out of SoCal, follow the money. If I can easily figure it out, there is no reason for DeSantis to even suggest that Florida is an option, other than politics. Also for the poster to blame this transportation SNAFU on some vast democratic plot to destroy America is much worse than calling DeSantis a made up name. Sticks and stones and all.

• Like Like x 1