Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DeSantis doesn't want the FBI looking into threats aimed at Florida educators

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by philnotfil, Oct 6, 2021.

1. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The proud boys and people without kids have shown up to some meetings, though I assume the vast majority are “real” people with kids in the district, some agitators have been outed. What % is anybody’s guess. I doubt the numbers of agitators is huge. But they could be the loudest.

Even if an attendee is a legitimate parent, if a person wasn’t anti-vaxx but suddenly found Jesus in 2021, then we can guess the most likely influences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Here ya go

TPUSA launches project targeting school board members

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    According to the memorandum from Garland, there has been “a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation and threats of violence against school board members, teachers and workers". Are there any statistics available that show how big this spike is across the country’s 14,000 school districts?

https://www.justice.gov/ag/page/file/1438986/download

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Mob of anger fueled propaganda parents you are in charge! Tell the schools what books they can read! This has always worked out well. Schools are besieged by maskers and antimaskers alike. It seems everyone pays for schools, kids or not, true?

I completely get the push back against liberal correctness, but it seems the alternatives go way too far. Decades ago, I joked despite my disdain, I would take the “hippie” over the zealots any day. That is still true, but there are lots of zealots on each side today. Thanks social media.

Desantis redistribution of Fed funds like a carrot….come on man.. now Florida teacher pay has been low forever, hmmmm, maybe state per pupil allowance is ridiculous… The Gov going in and raising minimum wage against every bargaining agreement is now a GOP talking point? Pay raises are needed, but this just created instant salary compression. The way it was done was straight pandering. Just like sending out those other one time checks … smart politics but bad management

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  5. CaptUSMCNole

CaptUSMCNole GC Hall of Fame

May 23, 2007
    NCR
    Good constituent services doesn’t make one a good politician. We are talking about a guy with the political instincts that thinks it is a good idea for him to run for Governor of Texas after saying that he wanted to forcibly confiscate semi-automatic fire arms from people. Please make sure you max out your donations to his campaign and if you need help setting up a PAC for him, I’m happy to help out. I'm hopefully Beto will light another $80M worth of Democratic donations on fire again next year.

Biden is underwater in Va right now, 45%-48%. Terry just admitted last night that Biden's approval rating is not helping his campaign. Biden won Va by 400k votes in ‘20 during a record turnout election. Realistically, Youngkin needs to flip about 150k votes to win. There are a lot of soccer moms and dads in the I-66 corridor that really still upset about the school situation and that could be enough.

The Democratic disarray in Congress is not helping Terry either.

Your predictive skill turned out to be extremely bad when it came to Afghanistan. We'll see if they improve when it comes to domestic elections.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    You and I clearly don't have the same outlook on what makes a "good politician." I prefer somebody honest, who is responsive to his or her constituents, and cares about them. I guess you prefer the smooth-talking liars who ignore you once they're in office. Maybe that's "good" politics to you. To me, it's a bastardization of what representation is supposed to be. I'll fight for the ones who treat people right. You fight for the ones who talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Funny story, Texans are a lot more supportive of mandatory buybacks of assault weapons (44% support/37% oppose) than they are the permitless carry bill the Republicans and Abbott just passed (34% support/59% oppose). The more you know.
    Texans overwhelmingly want gun background checks, are open to red flag laws, DMN-UT Tyler poll finds
    [​IMG]
    UT/TT poll: Majority of Texans oppose permitless carry, would ban police chokeholds and taxpayer-funded lobbying
    "A solid majority of Texas voters don’t think adults should be allowed to carry handguns in public places without permits or licenses, though the idea is popular with a 56% majority of Republicans. Overall, 59% oppose unlicensed carry — a number driven up by the 85% of Democrats who oppose it. On the Republican side, the gun questions revealed a gender gap. Among Republican men, 70% said they support unlicensed carry; 49% of Republican women oppose that position."

7. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...-made-against-her-for-supporting-mask-mandate

"I don't reject people coming here and speaking their voice," Jenkins said, before detailing several instances of intimidation and threats. "I reject them following my car around. I reject them saying that they're coming for me, that I need to beg for mercy."

Jenkins said protesters came to her home brandishing weapons, and noted that one woman coughed in her face intentionally when she confronted them. That story is backed up by a police reports from local authorities. She also had one of her trees chopped down and the letters "F U" burned into her lawn with grass killer.

"I reject that when they are using their First Amendment rights on public property, they're also going behind my home and brandishing their weapons to my neighbors," she said at the meeting.

An NBC News report reveals that Jenkins had a false report of abuse filed against her with the Department of Children and Families, alleging she beat and burned her 5-year-old daughter. An examination found no signs of abuse and concluded that the report was further harassment

8. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    I would agree with him that the Patriot Act doesn't apply to concerned parents, only to domestic terrorists. However, some domestic terrorists are also concerned parents. I don't think their actions should be excused because they also happen to be concerned parents.

Patriot Act doesn’t apply to concerned parents: Sensenbrenner

9. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Parents can speak their mind all they want. Making threats is OVER the line. Don't let them get away with acting like a bunch of brown shirt wannabes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    We put body cams on cops and drive cams in cars and on some public streets. Don't you think it is about time we put in Classroom Cams so parents can monitor the BS their kids are being taught?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    What BS, exactly?

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Holy $hit that's near the bottom of the worst suggestions shared on this site. I can't wait to read your rationale. Wait . . . actually, I can.

13. dadx4

dadx4 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville, Fl
    Since when is free speech considered terrorism? Have the parents burned down $5 Billion dollars worth of buildings and murdered the school board members? No they haven't. Do you seriously think that most parents want their children indoctrinated by Marxist ideology?? Parents are fighting back for their children and it's about time.

Video: School Board Served with $200 Million Lawsuit in Middle of Meeting Over Mask Mandate

14. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    What free speech is being treated like terrorism?

15. AndyGator

AndyGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 10, 2007
    Says Brown shirts in 1920s and 1930s Nazi Germany :rolleyes:

By the way, here is what Marxism means:

What is Marxism in simple terms?

To define Marxism in simple terms, it's a political and economic theory where a society has no classes. Every person within the society works for a common good, and class struggle is theoretically gone. ... Actually, many horror movies and dystopian books are written based on trying to create a classless, utopian society
    Just an FYI since your reference to it makes no sense at all.

16. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Uh, pretty sure you somehow missed the (I thought fairly blatant) sarcasm in my post…

17. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Ted Cruz just roasted Garland on this memo.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  18. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Ted Cruz is full of chit

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    How bout actually answering. You sound like Garland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. surfin_bird

surfin_bird All American

Jan 24, 2017
    I do not have time to fully research the Garland -Cruz exchange. My take is Cruz was yelling and Garland was calmly answering questions. Being loud and argumentative does not mean that you are correct in your opinion. The loudest opinion is not always the correct one. More political theater by Cruz. IMHO. And with the current state of politics and the insurrection foisted by one political party, the government should be keeping a close eye on domestic terrorism in this country.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1