Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

DeSantis announces Speech and Debate Initiative

Discussion in 'GatorNana's Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by g8rjd, Feb 16, 2020.

1. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Sure. Whatever you say.

2. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    Wow.
    Self righteous and managing to pat yourself on the back....all because a Republican...one many many left leaning posters decried as a terrible choice for florida...is doing a really good job.

3. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Legend

Apr 24, 2007
    Where the hell did I pat myself on the back?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer Premium Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I doubt it. Unless DeSantis and Republicans are going to control who gets to be the debate coaches, it seems unlikely that you're going to run into that problem.

How many Republicans on this board insist that the economy was bad under Obama?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Or were in favor of a Romneycare like plan until a Democrat proposed it. Or were against engaging with NK until Trump did it. Or against bombing people until Trump did it. Or considered stepping back from a “red line” to in lieu of war a bad thing until Trump. Or deficits being a problem. Or bans on bump stocks. Or executive orders. Or states rights. Or making sure the law applies to everyone without political favoritism. Or having family values. Or lying being a problem. Or the security of classified info. Or decorum. Or a Russia being a threat.

On and on and on. The only guiding principle is what benefits the party in the moment. The notion that right wing partisans have any interest whatsoever in objectively evaluating politicians is so absurd it’s laughable.

Guns, abortion, immigration, and lower taxes. Everything else morphs to fit the political needs of the moment.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You forget SC judges. That’s a huge factor for a lot of people.

7. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Hey there’s another good one. From “Merrick Garland would be a great, moderate nomination” to “no way can we give that guy a vote.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nobbqsauce

nobbqsauce All American

Nov 21, 2018
    Hahahaha
    Not you...PerSeGator

9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You just have to control the curriculum. The civics curriculum, which it is tied to, is tied into George Mason. The model is already in place for economics- I’ve attended fundraisers for it. Link below. You underfund public education, then rely on private foundations with ideological agendas to fill the funding gap.

Florida Council on Economic Education – fcee.org

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I’ve never posted anything regarding any justices, and I’ve given plenty of democratic politicians props. So quit quoting me to prove your points. Troll someone else.

11. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Hey, bully to you if you can look yourself in the mirror and honestly say that you give everything a fair and impartial shake without regard to your party’s political benefit. Very few people can say the same. At least not honestly. And that’s on both sides—even among those who actively try to recognize and correct their own biases. Myself included.

Sure it’s easy to rag on Republicans for their numerous and shameless hypocrisies, but I am serious that it’s worth thinking about why Democrats on this board are willing to give DeSantis due credit for the good he has done as governor—even though discrediting those accomplishments would be the politically prudent course.

But pardon me for interrupting since it’s clear you’re already a flawless example of reasoned and impartial political thinking. Feel free to resume your regularly scheduled programming.

• Dislike Dislike x 1