Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Derek Hunter

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Notoriousgator, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I do like him. He had alot of good things to say about his UF visit. I hadn't seen his comments re: uga until posted here. His feelings toward UGA seem impossible to over come.

2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    This is a series of rather odd posts. First you said you tweeted him, then you said you were just kidding, but that you posted on his facebook, then you say you didn't do that either, then you say he is a Gator, then you say his comments re: UGA are dismal for UF.

And these alleged tweets/ facebook posts are about HIS lack of commitment? :confused:

3. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    The comments about tweeting him about what a commitment is is clearly a joke.

His comments about UF were positive UNTIL he went to uga. After uga his quotes firmly cemented in my mind that he's uga. It's really simple.

4. Diesel350z

Diesel350z GC Hall of Fame

Apr 29, 2007
    He's has another scheduled visit to Florida so that is good news.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Georgia always has the Inside Track, and always has had this advantage over the Gators from Way, Way, Way back when it was primarily Georgians who tracked down runaway Slaves who'd fled to Florida. Note that the Seminoles accepted Slaves into their 3 nations and they were extremely individual freedom oriented, even it was risky for the group. Must have been an amazing transformation for the former Slaves who made it that far.

• Like Like x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Leave the racial politics for the Too Hot board....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DoctorGator

DoctorGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    This may just take the whole biscuit. :rolleyes::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bottledigger

bottledigger All American

Aug 26, 2007
    Leave ALL politics for the Too Hot board . . .

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    • Like Like x 2
  11. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    This is good for us. If we could pull Pickering and him I might have my own personal circle jerk!! :D

Seriously, we should push hard for him. UGA is in on about 15 top DL's (sadly)....and we're not. He needs to be made a priority or our DL class will be a bunch of Plan B reaches. I was browsing the 247 list of top GA & FL HS kids. When you click on the top DL's (from both states) UGA is listed at 50% or better in the CB predictions on about 15 DLs. I was thinking "how can they be 50% or better on that many DLs?" If you do the same looking for UF CB predictions, there's not many at all. Hunter needs to be a priority.

Now, I said the same thing about Barnes last year....and he ended up at UNC. I still don't understand that one....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Now that I like. The Zach A article had some merit, but took with a orange and blue grain of salt. This coming from an uga writer holds a little more weight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. themistocles

themistocles VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Temple Terrace, FL
    Yeah, Georgia must be offering an Amazing amount of $$$ to kids to have so many Top Kids liking them so much. No One, and I mean NO ONE is that Good At Recruiting, PERIOD. There are far, far, far too many $$$ put into this by too many Top Programs for them to be so dominant, and so quickly.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Even if you do have a circle jerk please don't tell us!

However, I'll be excited too.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. LFGator

LFGator Freshman

Aug 4, 2015
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not but on the assumption you aren't, I think Georgia had all the pieces fall into place to be able to have this happen legitimately. The amount of 5-star talent coming out of Georgia the last couple of years is unprecedented, including a pied piper type in Justin Fields that helped last year's class immensely. I think they had 3-5 five stars just in their class last year from Georgia. They have no competition in-state for any of those guys so as long as they can play the hometown card, they get whomever they want in-state.

They also benefited from Richt's solid recruiting over the years to have an unbelievable season last year to add further momentum to their cause. They almost won the NC in Smart's second season, which means they are way ahead of schedule. Recruits, especially with a new coach, wait to see the trajectory of the program before fully committing. The way their season went last year, Smart didn't have to sell too much, especially with how down UF and UT are right now.

Top all that off with the fact that their new head coach is an alumni there, and is bringing excitement for the program because he is truly part of it, and you have a recipe for great success. It was a perfect storm for them and they took advantage of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. middleman

middleman VIP Member

Jan 14, 2017

That quote is not correct at all.

17. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Kids like these have to be careful with their early picks, especially if they're leaving their home state, and also especially leaving for a rival.

Locals in Gainesville basically badgered and harrassed and eventually ran off that 5* DT late in the Meyer era to fsu. I can't ever recall his name.

Hunter is better off keeping his choice close to the vest.

18. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    Hindsight is 20/20. Thanks pointing that out 3 weeks after he's come out with several statements. At the time that quote was pretty damning for UF.

19. Notoriousgator

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. theghost

theghost GC Hall of Fame

Aug 14, 2011
    DC area
    • Funny Funny x 2