Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Democratic candidate for President is Anti-Vax

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Jun 6, 2023.

1. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Just in case his health deteriorates?

2. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    There is a big difference between anti-vax and anti Covid Vax. Unfortunately, the shenanigans of Covid vax have probably driven a few more people into the Anti-vax group, but there is still a big difference.

3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    The vax-obedient triggered.

4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    At the risk of turning this into another vax thread, what is the difference?

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Steve Bannon recruited

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Actually doesn’t sound all that different from RFK Sr.‘s run for president.

Robert F. Kennedy 1968 presidential campaign - Wikipedia

7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Pretty sure RFK was already a full “vaccines cause autism” nutter long before anyone heard of COVID. Interestingly Trump appointed this clown to lead a govt panel on “vaccine safety”, which I didn’t even know about. I guess that got lost in the weeds of all Trumps other bad judgements.

Smoke, mirrors and Robert Kennedy Jr.’s vaccine safety panel

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I couldn't believe it when I saw on the news that a list of RFK Jr.'s beliefs includes the idea that the mass shootings in this country are caused by antidepressants. And I thought that I had heard it all. I Googled the subject, and found that apparently this is based on something the idiot saw in a post on Instagram. So it had to be true, right?

This article doesn't mention him, but it covers this ridiculous subject:

Fact check: No link found between antidepressants and school shootings

9. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    There is a group of people who are Anti All Vax. They have been very vocal about vaccines causing autism and various other complications. When it comes to vaccines, people need to weigh the good against the bad and then public health officials make decisions and individuals make decisions based on their own needs, concerns, and interests.

Anti Covid Vax are people who are generally open to most or all vaccines but we’re interested in taking this one based on the same criteria.

I can only speak for myself, but I was not interested in taking an EUO vaccine that had not been adequately tested on humans, and rushed into production to protect me against a virus that had a significantly less than 1% chance of killing me. At one point I did consider it briefly on thinking that it prevent me from spreading the virus to my mother or others. Once I realized that it only lessened symptoms I lost interest again. But I am not opposed to most other vaccines, particularly those that had adequate pre-approval testing as well as years of real side effect data.

10. AgingGator

Apr 24, 2007
    Don’t know why people are shocked. He is from the same gene pool that gave us Teddy.

11. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009

That’s fine. At this point it’s been out there 2 years with billions of doses. Its efficacy and side effects are well established. But I’m not interested in yet another debate on it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Wasn't Steve Bannon convicted of something? Why isn't he in jail? But I guess I didn't follow his story closely enough, because I can't stand to look at him. It make me want to go take a shower.

13. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yikes ... I don't remember that either. Did we also miss when he appointed OJ to head up a knife safety panel?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    He was convicted of running a scam to get donations to privately build Trump's Great Wall of Stupidity. That's what "mexico is going to pay for it" really means, I guess. Bannon was pardoned by Trump on his last day in office.

15. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    He's running a Dem now, but probably going to try to back him as a Third Party candidate, like they did with Kenye West.

16. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    That's right, I forgot. Birds of a feather and turds in a toilet flock together.

17. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    He has two less attributes than Jenny. But same mindset

18. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He wasn't convicted. Trump pardoned him before the case went to trial. He now faces related charges in New York state court.

He was convicted of contempt of Congress in federal court. That conviction is still pending appeal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    WITCH HUNT!

20. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    I guess he’s lost the pharm animal vote.