Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!
  1. Folks, some of you have asked if we were trimming our forums since there are no sports at the moment. We’re going to keep everything open on the forums to provide a sense of normalcy here. It’s our hope Gator Country can be a place of comfort for you during these crazy times. Be safe my friends and take care. -Ray and the GC staff. GO GATORS IN AL KINDS OF WEATHER!

PS. If you happen to find yourself in tight financial circumstances with regards to renewing here please reach out to us. We’d be happy to help sort it out.

DelusioNoles

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by LAGatorDoc, Jan 1, 2020.

1. GTR75

GTR75 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Orlando
    He,he,he,...they still lost to the "U"........

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    The only thing Norvell has going for him next year is his joke of a schedule. Perhaps the ACC teams will be better next year, but I wouldn't expect a lot of improvement. Thus, the Holes can beat everyone on their schedule except UF and Clemson. Will they? I doubt it, but they can easily win 8 games in that cupcake conference.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Most seminoles still have hopes that Bob Stoops will turn the program around...

• Like Like x 1
  4. blackbird68

blackbird68 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree with all you say except he will be able to get ar least 8 wins next year. He is heck of a better coach than Taggert (who isn't), and with their schedule they really have no strong teams except UF and Clemson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorgeezer

gatorgeezer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    nothing wrong with having hope, even if delusional

• Like Like x 1
  6. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Legend

Nov 19, 2014
    Norvell should do better than WT. Championship level, probably not, but wouldn’t be surprised to see 8+ win seasons.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FusionGator

FusionGator Senior

Nov 15, 2015
    After Urban left, I figured there would most likely be some drop off and maybe even a little bit of pain. But I NEVER thought a decade of doldrums was even possible.

This is just the beginning for FSU. It will take a few more years before they realize they are staring down a decade, or more, of disaster and wonder if it will ever change.

And because I'm not too ashamed to admit it, I am not a big enough person to avoid the joy, laughter, excitement, giddiness, and satisfaction that their misery is bringing me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. WhattaGator

WhattaGator "Where's The Beef"?? (Or the crabcakes, etc.)... VIP Member "Cook Shack Chef"

OK....

Delusional Noles Part 1...
    Urban Meyer was a "done deal"...
    Delusional Noles Part 2...
    Bob Stoops was a "done deal"..
    Delusional Noles, Part 3....
    Mark, :the younger and chunky" Stoops was a "done deal"....
    Delusional Noles, Part 4....
    James Franklin was a "done deal".....
    Delusional Noles Part 5....
    Matt Rhule was a "done deal"...
    Delusional Noles Part 6....
    PJ Fleck was a "done deal"......

And....
    Delusional Noles Part 7...
    They finally settle for their 7th choice in Mike Norvell..and...
    Thhe delusional part of it is that the Nolies are claiming that this is a "Home run hire"....
    Since all of the Power 5 coaches were "No-Go's"....the Nolies settle for as Group of 5 coach, and are now crowing about how they're gonna be National champs next year.....

Yeah, Norvell very well might get the Nolies an 8 win season....but...against WHO???...aside from Clemson, and maybe Virgiiia...the ACC is so bereft of any talent, it's pathetic..
    If they had to face an SEC schedule next year, they's just suffer yet aanother losing season..

Thd Delusional Nolies surre drink some "Kool-Aid"...unfortunately, it's out of that cesspool called Tallacrappy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016
    Mullen might be in the top 10 of the highest paid NFL coaches if he got $7 million for 2020. Only 7 NFL head coaches made $7 million or more in basic salary for 2019 and only two more made at least $6 million. Jason Garrett made $6 million as coach of the Cowboys. Would it be worth it for Mullen to go to the NFL?

10. tarponbro

tarponbro All American

Feb 10, 2016

11. ofmgator

ofmgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    First ,I could not care less for halfassu.Second good college coaches just need to ask Spurrier about going to the nofunleague. No control sums it up!

• Like Like x 1