Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(WBK) Delicia transferring...

Discussion in 'Nuttin' but Net' started by EastTNG8TR, Mar 11, 2019.

1. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    Think we all saw this one coming but it is official.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    How did you see this one coming? Not starting? Or something else?

She was great off the bench. Gave it her all, especially on the boards. Very athletic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gatorjjh

gatorjjh A Gator with a Glass half full attitude Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    Not a surprise, she is a terrifically gifted athlete, hope she finds a place where she is a better fit.....

4. gatorbogey

gatorbogey Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    s. e. florida
    Fill me in? More details?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    The reason most kids in college sports move from their first school is playing time or not being a good fit for the system followed by looking at the recruiting class and not liking the potentiial competition

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011

Spoke on it several times. She tends to play out of control and out of system a bit too much. She is one of Kallina's girls and all the others transfered.... then you have the mysterious suspension or absence a few games back. The writing has been on the wall here. She is a great athlete but imo never realized her potential. Fully expect her to be with Butler next season as a grad transfer if she can... it is a better fit for her style of play.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. number1

number1 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 9, 2011
    How will this affect us for next season?

8. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    We are in pretty good shape with guards.... Cavina and Lavendar are really good additions IMO and much better fit as Delicia was not a very good shooter. She is more a slash and score type and rebounder. What we need to add is more Post help. We have 3 ships left. Still hoping for a Euro or Juco, etc. Yemiyah Morris is one I would like to see us land.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. gatorjjh

Apr 3, 2007
    Irvine, Fl
    I see it as addition by subtraction, we lose DW's quickness and rebounding skill but we have players that can/will play in the system more consistently and with more talent. Getting a true post player is going to be the difference maker. I think we will win more games with the kids on board and the recruits but to be competitive in the SEC that post position has to improve, Emer will help but I am hoping for a grad trans this spring. Cam is recruiting so we shall see what we see...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Coaches need time to get the athletes that fit their system. Once all the former coaching staffs kids have graduated, you can truly judge a coach on the talent and system on the floor. For example, when the seniors graduate this year, all the former Billy D recruits will have departed the men’s program. Mike White will be judged next year on the performance on the floor with all the kids he has recruited for his system. I will give the ladies basketball coach that same courtesy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. BigIgator25

BigIgator25 Premium Member

Oct 6, 2012
    charlotte
    Rainey was taking a lot of her minutes at the end of the year...then you have Cavina coming in who is highly skilled girl who can shoot. Briggs will be starting somewhere for us, she is a top 20 girl in the country if she was in a another state. I saw she made the Jordan Brand game. Delicia tried to conform a little, but was very hesitant to really embrace the change of offense. But she was great on hustle, will never doubt her heart either. But we should be much better next year at the position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GratorGator

GratorGator All American

Nov 14, 2015
    What sport is this? Who is this person?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. EastTNG8TR

EastTNG8TR All American

Feb 1, 2011
    I am as excited about Lavendar as I have been any recruit in a good while. Agree she starts somewhere. Curious to see who wins out at point. Kiki should be solid but Cavina seems to be a point and we got a few combo guards that can play it. If we can get one true post and move Kristina to a stretch 4 type player I really like some of the rotations we can put together.

14. reaves2alvarez

reaves2alvarez Junior

Nov 29, 2016
    “What we really need is more post help.” Where have I heard that before.:confused:

“Wes Chandler was Percy Harvin before Percy Harvin was born.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. all_gatorsports

all_gatorsports Freshman

Mar 19, 2016
    It was also a surprise to me also, I never expected this announcement. Hate to see a player of her caliber/potential leave the program. Being benched at different times of the season probably did it for her, not to stay style of play did not play factor. Delicia had the potential to be special, great rebounder for a player her size and she was a 2-guard. She has an very good mid-range game and can get to the hoop just about anytime she wants. I agree at times she had the tendency to play out of control, as the season progresses it was said that she went away from that. Anyways no way around it, this hurts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Sophomore

Mar 7, 2017
    Next year is a very solid recruiting class, but I think the best impact is at least 2 years away.
    -Dut is good, but raw offensively and will have a definite learning curve with pace & physicality year one.
    -I actually think Briggs is rated higher than she should be. And that's mostly because she's in Utah. No offense to anyone, but it's not exactly a hotbed of basketball. She was good, sometimes really good playing with her AAU Nike team, but was never anywhere near the dominance she's had in HS. But definitely can be great.
    -Cavina isn't that much different than Delicia as a HS player. I mean that as a compliment. We can only hope she has the same impact 1st year
    -Bartam is the one I think will have the most immediate impact. The kid can flat out shoot the ball. Shooter always have a place and in Cam's system, she should get plenty looks.

17. middlepolitix

middlepolitix Sophomore

Mar 7, 2017
    I say Kiki is the starter at PG until beaten. She was easily the team leader in assists (Delicia was 2nd). But she's going to have to improve her shooting % to really help this squad. To be honest, this entire squad is going to need to improve shooting % (especially considering that Delicia was the 3rd best shooter on the team). We're okay with perimeter play and they should get better. The Achilles is post play. While it would be great to get an elite post, I'll settle for a solid rebounder who can stay on the floor & compete. Zada is not a great defender and Paige is just....Paige.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    The program has just had too many transfers out in the past few years. Either we are recruiting poorly for our system, terrible in evaluation, don’t have a good culture once kids get here, or all of the above. Hopefully new coach can turn this around, but major rebuild effort and currently 5th best WBK program in the State of Florida.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  19. hohogator

hohogator Freshman

Jan 12, 2019
    What a waste of talent... Guess this is the ugly reality with coaching changes... the players who were recruited by the previous coaching group are vulnerable in the new environment... Good luck to her in the future... Hopefully she can enjoy her last year of college ball in an environment which would make good use of her skill set... Her athleticism, rebounding and enthusiasm will be missed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. all_gatorsports

all_gatorsports Freshman

Mar 19, 2016
    KiKi has shown very goood potential. It looks like she can take over the PG position, shows she can be an impact on defense, may not be a sharpshooter like Funda but there is always room for improvement when it comes to shooting. She has very good vision as a passer as well. The issue for as long as I can remember has always been post play, it's been that way for years, we must get help from there or else we will not move to greater heights. Hopefully next season Kristan Moore show why she was one of the top international players in her class. I think a player to watch also will be Emanuely de Oliveira, she seems like she will be able to offer a lot on offense and is very versatile/. How does everyone feel about Danielle Rainey ?

• Agree Agree x 1