Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Deficit up another 21% ...

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Aug 10, 2018.

1. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Speaking for myself, I want higher taxes, assuming the revenue goes towards something other than more defense spending or a wall. And I am willing to pay higher taxes myself. But don't come back with 'why don't you voluntarily send more money to the feds then'. That stuff is idiotic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I haven't complained about having to pay higher taxes, simply stated it as a fact.

In general I don't mind paying higher taxes if they are used for something worthwhile (and results can be shown), as opposed to giving tax breaks to the ultra wealthy like trump

3. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Has Trump cut medicare, social security, or medicaid? Do you oppose those programs?

Also, have you seen the economy, lately? :cool:

4. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Yes I have seen the economy lately. Did you see it while Obama was President? We're in one of the longest bull markets in history, hope you were able to take advantage of that while Obama was President and didn't just realize it a year and a half ago.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Yes I did... Obama had the slowest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression, but the economy began to recover under Obama...

Doesn't mean he was the catalyst in stimulating the economy, again... nor does it mean that for Trump...

But leftists like you seem to have this habit of giving all of the credit to "your guy" when it's convenient, finding excuses when it's convenient, and withholding credit from anyone who's not your guy.

We were still recovering, what four years into Obama's presidency and it was still "Bush's fault."

:D:D:D

6. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    Some folks have no freaking idea how severe the Great Recession was, how we got there, what needed to be done to pull out of it, and fully grasp how long and hard it would be to pull out of it. Unless they were one of the banksters, then they just laughed all the way to the bank and to hell with everybody else. Some of us were front and center, both in the command center and boots on the ground. But what do we know, news articles are much more detailed and reliable, especially considering it's all fake news.

Excuse me while I go vomit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    I know it's a cartoon, but these graphs are largely accurate. You can wave your hands all you want, but it doesn't change the data. Nothing incredible has happend since trump took office, just a continuation of the trends.

Hope you weren't sitting on the sidelines because of your politics. I'm not...I'm happily watching AMZN, MSFT, etc. continue to rise. I'm simply not pretending it just started when trump became president.

Here's one nice big image, so we can see it all in one post.
    Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Meanwhile here's how people with trump sycophant syndrome see the world.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I couldn't agree more...

The sky has not been falling since Trump took office... I have no idea why the media and leftists on this board have been losing their minds since he took office...

Russia probe is all speculation thus far... When something substantiates, we'll talk... Obama deported more people than any other president... pictures regarding children being separated from their families that sparked outrage were part of the Obama era... And lastly Trump's cultural influence, which I agree is bad... but that's one thing that has nothing to do with policy...

10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Even I have to admit... that's a solid jab at Fox... :D Well played...

11. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Are you a "closing the stable door after the horse has bolted" kind of guy then?

12. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    I believe that most of the damage that he was going to do, culturally, has already been done... so that wouldn't hold me back from supporting him...

I agree that many issues you guys currently have are indeed issues... I simply disagree that President Trump is to blame, or at least to blame to the extent in which he is being blamed... That doesn't mean it's Obama's fault, either, though...

13. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    New flash: Obama was in deficit spending every single year he was the POTUS. Were you worried about it then? I highly doubt it... :rolleyes:

14. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    So will this admin change their justification for the tax cut?

“From a document titled, "Corporate Tax Reform and Wages: Theory and Evidence," on the White House's website:
    "Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually."

When we use the more optimistic estimates from the literature, wage boosts are over $9,000 for the average U.S. household."

Wage growth well short of what was promised from tax reform

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  15. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Deficit is a disaster. Even Fox had a segment on it today. Of course they blamed spending on scientific research funding and “other stuff”.

Has tax receipts been up outside of April where people rushed to take advantage of expiring deductions? Real question, I’m not sure.

16. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Another example of "trickle down" not working ... or never working.

17. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    I pointed out all along that the deficit sucks, but Bush left it at $1.2 Trillion with his two wars, tax cuts, and economic destruction. Obama cut it in half. Trump is going to be Bush part 2 ...

18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Doubt it. Evidence is not really a top concern with this group. Sanders just flat lied on the podium about black employment growth, so that would probably be their preferred reaction.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders made a bizarre claim about black employment under Trump compared to Obama as a defense against Omarosa's attacks

19. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
  20. WarDamnGator

Apr 8, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1