Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Deeply Disturbed, Heavily Armed trump supporters promise civil war

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Aug 13, 2022.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    I never claimed the left talks about civil war en masse. But there were a never-ending list of celebs and corporate types who claimed they were moving to Canada or Europe if Trump won. Amazing how few of them followed through, right? I was simply pointing out that the left tends to want to enforce their views on everyone, whereas the right tends to be more about "don't tread on me and I won't tread on you." I'm not saying either are right or wrong. It's just an observation.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Fun fact: our Civil War was actually a war of independence, which was crushed, whereas our Revolutionary War was a civil war.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  3. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe I need to start making friends with more leftists. All the people in my personal circles that talk about the upcoming civil war (some of them are really pumped about it, some are sorrowful that it is required but willing to do their part to save what is left of America) are on the right. None of the liberals I know really talk about politics, but that is probably because they all live in red places. Maybe they secretly are planning to kill the rest of us and just aren't talking about it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Looking at issues like abortion and gay marriage, it's hard to see it's the left wanting to enforce their views on others. Shoot, DeSantis wants to be able to control what kind of diversity training companies are allowed to give their employees.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    This post lacks internal consistency. Moving to another country is the "don't tread on me and I won't tread on you" move, while Civil War is the enforce your views move.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Popular Civil War bumper sticker ...

AGAINST SLAVERY ? DON’T OWN A SLAVE

7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, that isn't a fact. The colonies had no representation in government and sought to establish their own government with represntation. The South had representation but didn't like that they weren't a guaranteed majority on slavery.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I’ll believe we are in true peril when Texas v White gets overturned by this SCOTUS.

9. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    No doubt there are arguments to be made on each side. My personal view is the right handed abortion back to the states and so if a state decides one can't have an abortion, the issue is with the state. But, seeing the whole picture as I am sure the Supreme Court does, one can simply drive to another state to have a legal abortion and there are no shortage of Planned Parenthood type organizations who are willing to fund the travel and accommodations expense.

On same-sex marriage, I think that's different. It should be legalized at the federal level, because it would be a logistical nightmare on several fronts if some states allowed same-sex marriage and others did not. Taxes, for one as well as a host of other obvious logistical problems would naturally exist in that event. So I think the common sense approach is to legalize it federally.

I do not see many lefties advocating for civil war and I'm a firm believer in the electoral process. I think the proper course for both sides is to pursue their victory through elections and not via war or violence. But at the same time, we can't cry foul when the other side wins elections and changes the law.

10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Whether it's the feds or the states that restrict access, it's still using the government to enforce your views on others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    All one really has to do is to take a look at the political leanings of those who started this thread and the first 20 or so posters then who restarted the thread to see who is pushing the whole Civil War thing. To be perfectly honest most of the friends in my circles are conservatives and not once can I remember any one of them mentioning Civil War.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. swampspring

swampspring GC Legend

Dec 13, 2009
    Disregard the validity of the posts from the other side due to their political philosophies. On the other hand, take my anecdotal evidence as a more accurate reflection of what's happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    How many threads are you gonna post this tired joke in ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    So....don't tread on me if you're the federal government but tread all over my ass if you're the state government?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Whether its the state or federal government doing it, in what world is the GOP telling women what to do with their bodies considered to be an example of "don't tread on me?"

LOL

• Like Like x 2
  16. GrandPrixGator

GrandPrixGator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Well evidence shows they are certainly susceptible to grifters.

17. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    But you can still get an abortion legally in America and you can still enter a same-sex marriage legally in America. You don't need a civil war to be able to do either. That was my point.

18. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Good point ummm, except for the frequent mention of MAL, FBI raid, trump, trump hats, and trump banner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Apparently you never read that other message board you fled to come here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    You do realize that the GOP plans to do a federal abortion ban as soon as they can, right?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1