Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

De Blasio tells New Yorkers how to use their toilets: Only ‘poop, pee, puke, toilet paper’ should go

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Mar 14, 2019 at 3:51 AM.

1. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I have never eaten okra in my adult life and I never will. My parents still eat it. I always assumed they lied about liking it to get me to eat it but I guess they just have bad taste in vegetables.

• Like Like x 1
  2. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Dude, fry okra and it’s awesome. Fry anything and it’s awesome. See calamari.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    My little brother did that. Had to sit on stairs with food in his mouth til he swallowed. I’d tell him: you realize that your taste buds are where you are storing the food not where you swallow it to?

4. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Maybe, but I'm not risking it.

5. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    As a kid, my introduction to sauerkraut did not end well. I think that kitchen table is still dirty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    At least he's trying. I'm guessing mayors in Trump Country don't even bother to explain it to Bubba and Clyde ... it would likely just get met with "Da Govmint ain't telling me whudda do with my own terlet" anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    No, nothing wrong with it. One way or another the disgusting information needs to reach people or the situation will not improve. My objection has to do with the deceit used by the source in the OP when it stated De Blasio wrote the tweet. As I found out when looking into it, the tweet was not sent by De Blasio, but by someone in his office.

Why do you think the mirror mendaciously implied DeBlasio himself sent the tweet?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You should be very concerned that your party gets flushed.
    The Nanny State is even worse than the Deep State.

9. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Right, because gunking up the sewers and costing tax payers more money to clean them out has always been a cornerstone of the conservative platform.

10. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Explaining that city sewers are not designed for getting rid of leftover cooking grease and torn up bank statements is about as "Nanny State" as explaining how right of way at a 4-way stop works.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.dot.gov/files/rightofwayrules.pdf

11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    truly a baffling comment. if you were in charge of a city's sewer system ...

12. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    De Blasio’s Office Issues Guidance On What Should Go In Your Toilet
    De Blasio’s Office Issues Guidance On What Should Go In Your Toilet
    If I would have posted this from the Daily Caller you and others would have complained. You're splitting hairs here, it doesn't matter if it came from his personal account or his office, it obvious he ok'd it. What a waste of time. Everybody knows not to do this. Only ignorant or a trashy person would do this. I thought it was funny, that's why I posted it.

13. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    I hope you did us all a favor and ignored that and flushed your used toilet paper

14. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Leaving NYC this AM. I’m reporting first hand that NYC toilets suffer from the same problem the rest of the country suffers from. Come on guys?!? How about a little effort aiming? Focus! Put down your phone and pee straight.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    If you weren't supposed to pee on the seat, then they wouldn't slope inwards. Of course the fact that they're hinged and can be lifted up has always confused me.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Being that the places in BF Texas and Arizona that made the request were like 'last stop' places isolated on the desert edge of nowhere, and the don't flush paper, etc. signs also explained it clogs up their septic system, I complied.

Are you in the habit of ignoring requests that you don't like or understand when in someone else's home or store?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Don't be silly Lacuna, I just come prepared.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2