Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

De Blasio tells New Yorkers how to use their toilets: Only ‘poop, pee, puke, toilet paper’ should go

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Mar 14, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. gatorknights

gatorknights GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Gainesville, FL
    No doubt. I learned the hard way, don't let wifey flush the tampon. Unless you want a lot of poo-poo jokes. And a helluva cleanup. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    In much of Latin America, you aren’t supposed to flush toilet paper either, and I have the hardest time with that. I’ll remember this rule, then look down to find 10 sheets of tp that I’ve already unconsciously dropped into the toilet. :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I dated a girl from Brazil. She had lived in the US about 7 years when we started dating. After dating for nearly two years I randomly discovered some used TP in the garbage can. It let to quite the conversation.

Also, I'm not sure the purpose of this thread. Are we supposed to all be making fun of him for talking about poop and pee?

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The American Mirror? It's even a step below the Daily Caller in terms of credibility.

The American Mirror - Media Bias/Fact Check
    By the way there was nothing wrong with deBlasio's tweet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Also true in parts of Thailand. Although there were specific instructions for tourists regarding the disposal I still couldn't bring myself to throw used tp in the trash can intended for that purpose next to the toilet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    what exactly is your concern with this?

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Emmitto

Emmitto GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What else do you flush? What is going on in the OP toilet? How did I get tricked into wondering that?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I actually found it funny that he had to explain this to the Highly Educated people from New York. But I have no concern with it

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Some manchildren just want an excuse to use poop emoji. ;)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Aside from the fact that obviously not everyone in NY is "highly educated", and nobody said the "highly educated" can't be lazy or do stupid things in the 1st place, NYC is also a huge tourist destination. You've got a city of 10 million people, there's bound to be a few million morons not doing what they are supposed to.

A sewage infrastructure for 10 million people (and 50 million visitors) is pretty gross just thinking about, really. I wouldn't want to be in charge of that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm sure there are highly educated people everywhere that flush their "flushable" wipes.

13. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't think the article lacks credibility. It seems to be perfectly accurate. Not sure what the point of it is though since deBlasio's tweet was also accurate.

14. philobeddoe

philobeddoe Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Maybe they should require signs in all bathrooms telling people precisely what can be flushed down a toilet .... of course it would need to be printed in multiple languages. The signs would be akin to the “Employees must wash hands before leaving” signs.

lol, about the hand washing signs..... when they first began appearing, a liberal friend of mine told me that he waited 15 minutes for an employee to come into the bathroom to wash his (my liberal friend’s) hands ..... before deciding to just wash them himself. He was tired of waiting for an employee to do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    You are making assumptions about the tweet and the original source of the 'only 4 things' emoji embellished directive. And as such, the article is not accurate.

First, the directive came from the NYC Department of Environmental Protection. It was published on their webpage on 3/11. The tweet from the NYC mayor's office was made on 3/12. The tweet is not credited to the mayor, though he no doubt endorses it, only to the NYC Mayor's Office. The office of the NYC mayor occupies a separate webpage from the NYC DEP, though they both are under the NYC.gov Internet designation.

Further checking on de Blasio's use of twitter reveals he tweets under 2 identities. NYC Mayor - not NYC Mayor's office and under his own name Bill de Blasio.

Bill de Blasio (@BilldeBlasio) | Twitter

Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) | Twitter

NYC Mayor's office is a separate twitter account.

The mirror rag likely made the inaccurate statement hoping to bathe De Blasio's name with a stench of ridicule.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    There are gas stations/convenient stores in the American West that have signs in their restrooms instructing people to place all used toilet paper into covered trashcans next to the toilets. We've run into them in rural areas of Texas and Arizona within the last 5 years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You might remember this thread one day in the future if De Blasio ever decides to run for a higher office... higher than his than just chief poop police.

18. kygator

kygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I didn't find anything ridiculous about the tweet so I didn't really question whether NYC Mayor's Office was any different than DeBlasio. Do you actually think there was something wrong with that tweet?

19. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    I’m in NYC today. I will check the toilets. Will post pics if I can.

2pm report: only approved crap in there so far.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    When I was a kid and my parents would make me sit a the table until I finished my vegetables, I'd shovel the veggies into my cheeks like a chipmunk, then go to the bathroom spit them out and flush away the evidence. Many a hated vegetable fell fate to this clever plan, but one day the toilet's flush betrayed me by not getting rid of the last piece of okra (or some equally nasty vegetable) and I was found out. New rules were put in place.

I still don't like stewed okra with tomatoes and onions. It's okay fried, but I'm not going out of my way for it.

• Funny Funny x 3