Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DC Tourist Savagely Beaten, Stomped, Spit on by Gang of Youths at Hilton Hotel Where Re

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 26, 2019.

1. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Well when someone (in this case a poster that regularly posts racialized crime stories) cant put forward an explanation that challenges what I freely admit is an assumption on my part, what am I to gather? What good faith is someone owed when its repeat behavior?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    Why?

I don't live in D.C. People are killed, not just attacked, in this country every day and that doesn't scare the hell out me. I'm far more scared of cancer, a stroke, or heart disease. Or of a being in a car accident, being hit by car as a pedestrian, or being hit while riding my bike. All of these things, and many more are far more likely to hurt me than a random attack in a city I don't live in.

edit: I guess I should have read further, as I'm not the only person who doesn't see why this should scare the crap out of everyone.

3. mutz87

mutz87 C'est Moi VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    This seems to be suggesting he would be trolling others because he believes that to others everything is racial.

What if I or someone else constantly started threads about Christians, only pointing out their bad behavior? Would you offer a similar defense?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    You're probably right. From a local news channel rather than Gatewaypundit.com.

A witness said he and the man were walking toward the hotel about 1 a.m. July 14 when someone in a group of teens pointed at the man and screamed, “That’s him,” according to the police report.
    Someone pointing at him and yelling "That's him!", makes this sound like they had some interaction earlier on rather than this being a random attack.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Maybe one of the victims mistook one of the girls for a prostitute and propositioned her.

6. 108

108 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    NYC
    Does the OP live in DC or something?

7. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    After a brief exchange of words, the man was attacked by about 10 girls and boys believed to be 13-14 years old, according to the police report.
    If you proposition a 13 year old for sex, then an ass beating is probably the least of your worries.

8. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I live in metro dc and I feel good about leaving my house.
    Seriously though, one random attack in an otherwise safe part of the city with a million people or more in it at any given time shouldn’t scare anyone.
    Be cautious, be aware of your surroundings, and 99.99 percent of the time you will be fine.
    Side note, my office building has some walking trails, and someone was mugged walking it the other day...broad daylight, a city where the median household income is probably well north of 100k, business part of town, and not far from a major road.
    Bad stuff can happen anywhere.

9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Some reports suggested that it could have been a case of mistaken identity. Imagine having your teeth kicked in because an angry mob of kids thought you were someone else. :emoji_fearful:

10. HallGator

HallGator Senile Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Outer Limits
    The thing is they could have killed him. If this has been a carry state it may have turned out a lot worse for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well why don't you tell me what you know already
    First of all I'm not terrified of every event. I do travel alot with my family and event's like this concern me, for you and Rivers sake it does scare me. But it's never slowed me down, I'm traveling up the east coast from Boston to Canada for the next couple of weeks. Like I stated earlier this should scare the hell out of all who travel. For those who say that it doesn't, I think you're lying or just dumb. You're pretty smart guy I'm sure you figure which category you fit in

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    At least you're honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I lived just outside DC for 7 years. I am aware of the existence of crime. It doesn't shock me that there is crime. I live in the city of New Orleans now. Despite all of these dangerous things I do by living around other people, often in areas with crime, I somehow am still alive. Must be a miracle. But no, I am not "scared" to the point that you can say it "scares the hell out of me." Heck, I'll let you know if my nightly walking of the dog at midnight in a city with crime kills me tonight, unlike the last 2,500 or so times I did it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I am scared that some idiot with with a high capacity gun will walk into a synagogue or other place I go and shoot it up. Much more so than a random event like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Unfortunately, the police weren't there to stop this incident. Probably back at the precinct, changing into some dry clothes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. dynogator

dynogator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The right hair, makeup, and clothes, and 13-14 easily turns into 18-plus. But it does sound like mistaken identity.

17. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    What karate man
    Maybe they don’t. Maybe he’s a karate-man.

18. fastsix

fastsix Premium Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Seattle
    You should buy a whistle for safety. When you're inevitably attacked shout loudly, "THAT'S MY WALLET! I DON'T KNOW YOU!" and then blow the whistle as hard as possible.

19. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Well, what about Shark attacks? Are you officially staying out of the water these days?

20. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010