Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DC Tourist Savagely Beaten, Stomped, Spit on by Gang of Youths at Hilton Hotel Where Re

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by flgator2, Jul 26, 2019.

1. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Shock Video: DC Tourist Savagely Beaten, Stomped, Spit on by Gang of Youths at Hilton Hotel Where Reagan Was Shot
    A tourist was savagely beaten, stomped and spit on by a gang of over a dozen youths at the entrance to the Washington Hilton Hotel around 1 a.m. on July 14, according to Washington, D.C. police who released hotel surveillance video showing the brutal unprovoked attack.

In the video, the male victim is seen walking with another man toward the lower T Street entrance of the hotel, just feet from where Reagan was shot while walking out from the hotel after giving a speech there. A group of young males and females appear to have laid a trap for the two men, coming at them from the front and rear as they approach the hotel entrance. The victim is punched by a tall slender man who comes at him from the front, setting off a mob attack that quickly puts the victim on the ground while his friend ducks into the hotel. More attackers approach and take turns punching and kicking the man, with some stomping on the his head. The friend comes back out and intervenes but is punched in the face and retreats. The final attacker walks up and spits on the man as he is sprawled limp on the ground.

These attacks should scare the hell out of everyone.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    Damn, where''s a baseball bat when you need it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. citygator

citygator Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Or a 45?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Extremely Online Premium Member

Why?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    It takes a special kind of person to ask that question.

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  7. wgbgator

He said "everyone" should be scared and I'm wondering why that is. I think I already know the answer but I'd like posters to say what they mean when possible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sovietgator

sovietgator Lighten up Jan Brady (Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!!)

Apr 3, 2007
    Down On Da' Bayou
    Right.

It doesn't scare the crap out of me. This type of opportunistic crime and violence has been going on forever. Especially when its a pack mentality. But it's rarely captured on video.

I've seen this happen after SEC football games. I've seen it happen with all the same race involved. And I've seen it happen with security or cops around.

There's no way in hell I'm walking around at 1am in the morning in a city I don't live in and am unfamiliar with. It doesn't matter if its an urban or rural area.

I've lived most my life in or near New Orleans, yet I don't walk around there at 1am in the morning unless I'm armed. And that was in my younger days. I have zero interest to do it now.

Talk about predators versus prey for most people that would try that.

That hotel might want to increase security a bit. But that still won't stop this stuff. Especially when there is strength in numbers like this incident.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 Premium Member

Oct 11, 2011
    I lived in DC for 6 years. This doesn't scare me even a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Apparently, it was an attempted to strong armed robbery. While it was never caught on video, the right-wing media created a whole fictionalized narrative centered on another attempted strong arm robbery in DC three years ago in which the victim later died. In that narrative the victim was a supposed disgruntled DNC staffer who was the victim of a hit because he supposedly leaked confidential data from DNC servers was killed to silence him.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. wgbgator

In conclusion, Hillary Clinton must be behind this one to. This poor guy must have got his hands on the deleted e-mails.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I wonder if there was something between that guy and the teens before the video. Seeing the girls run up and spit on him at the end seems to make it look personal, rather than random.
    And, no, I'm not excusing the attack. It was horrific and I hope they're caught and punished.

Teens Attack Man Outside Washington Hilton

Teens wanted for viciously beating man outside hotel: Police

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. wgbgator

There's a non zero chance this becomes part of the Seth Rich lore in the most cursed parts of the internet.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    This is pretty much the conservative business model these days.
    Extrapolate singular events into nationwide problems - one illegal immigrant or a handful does something bad they are all bad, one terrorist attack means the borders should be shut down, one attack on a guy means we should all be scared etc.0

But I guess to be fair the other side does it too - one or two YouTube videos of cops being morons started the whole kneeling thing.

• Like Like x 4
  15. wgbgator

I almost feel nostalgic for the days of the "knockout game" being a deadly trend sweeping the nation.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Random attacks Don't bother you

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You actually don't know the answer. You just want me answer it a certain way so you and others can attack me for being a racist

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Come on. That's not at all the conversation.
    You said it should 'scare the hell out of everyone.' That's not quite the same thing as 'bother', now is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. flgator2

flgator2 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    What does this have to do with being Conservative

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. wgbgator

You said we should be scared, not bothered. Don't move the goal posts.

• Agree Agree x 5