Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

DB Joel Williams 6-1 180. Madison Prep. Baton Rouge LA.

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by Diesel350z, May 18, 2019.

1. coach

coach GC Hall of Fame

Dec 5, 2008
    Boca Raton
    Kids today. Just so hard to follow recruiting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    Yeah I'm officially done following recruiting until signing day. Sorry but these kids are a mess today and honestly its not all their fault. These coaches and social media are all to blame.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea man in this situation it feels like the Beck situation all over again. Used the UF commitment until the school you really wanted to offer you, does offer you and you decommit and commit there. Granted, he hasn't committed to another school but at this point it seems inevitable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. wearetheboys

wearetheboys Premium Member

Dec 6, 2015
    This will continue until our brand is strong enough that they are pursuing us rather than he other way around. The psychology of it is not totally unlike the social dynamics of pursuit for mating :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I think we can probably un-sticky this post now haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    He now has offers from programs closer to home for family to visit, with superior facilities during the time period he will be in college, not to mention programs that will provide an athletic stipend that is $2000 plus more per year than UF or $8000 plus during their 4 year career. Don’t blame him for looking at his options now that he has more of them to choose from.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    yeah, I think so.

8. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    Yea but let's not act like this dude was NOT going to get more offers from schools closer to home. He had an offer from LSU who's in his home state yet chose UF.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    If he’s that good don’t you mean $6,000 over his 3 year career?

Diaz not having a hard time w the facility thing.

Can’t rule out Louisiana and other Southern states but until we figure out that recruiting 2-3 hours from home and figure out why we are missing on kids line A. Williams, Fred Davis, Bowman, Braun we may not hit that highest level.

There is plenty of talent in Florida. Can you imagine if we locked Davis and Willians down? There’s 3-4 guys ( if not more) that are big time DB’s that may come to Florida If we spend the time recruiting them.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    BEST POST EVER!!!!

11. ufmc84

ufmc84 Freshman

Aug 13, 2017
    I think people are underestimating exactly how much damage Will Muschamp and Jim McElwain did to the Florida brand in their time here. These kids being recruited have zero memory of great UF football. They saw two four win seasons in a five year span. Even the “good” years had offenses ranked in the 100s. Those two coaches took all the shine off this program. The best kids in Florida have little incentive to stay home and play for an instate team. Miami has been irrelevant for 20 years, FSU has had one great season since Oklahoma waxed them in the Orange Bowl and are currently a disaster, and UF for most of this decade has been awful. The Big 3 let their guards down and outsiders have taken full advantage and prospered. It’s going to take a while and some wins for Mullen to convince these kids that staying in state to rep their school is worth it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

THEN
    DONT
    COMMIT
    TO
    FLORIDA
    UNTIL
    YOU
    HAVE
    YOUR
    LITTLE
    SNOWFLAKE
    MIND
    MADE
    UP

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  13. antny

antny GC Hall of Fame

May 28, 2007
    This respect my decision garbage these glory hounds are parroting is ridiculous. Hey parents, coaches and kids....how about you respect THE decision and you know.....honor it to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    I think the process might be speeded up with a few ace recruiters on staff

15. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Legend

Dec 12, 2008
    TOS has said that we have been slow playing Pouncey and Robinson (Bama commit), not allowing them to commit. If so, our staff has differing evals from the recruiting sites and other coaches to risk losing highly rated in state recruits to take a flyer on Texas and Louisiana defensive backs. When our coaches discourage recruits to commit to another school and wait for an offer from us, it should not surprise our coaches that some of our own will decommit to go to a closer school with similar or greater current success. Everybody is playing the recruiting game, trying to maximize their position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Legend

Sep 4, 2017
    To his credit, there's NO telling how far behind even more we'd be if Mac didn't put his foot up the admins butts about our facilities so there's that....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. ufmc84

ufmc84 Freshman

Aug 13, 2017
    I don’t mind giving him credit for that. I was glad to see him pushing hard for facility upgrades. Unfortunately, he proved he needed every bell and whistle imaginable to attract recruits. I don’t think any school has that kind of budget to make up for his incompetence. There’s not enough glitter to make that turd shine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I would think the two guys you mentioned are 1+2. I know both can commit anytime they choose.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan Junior

Mar 17, 2019
    Somebody told me the stipend is dependent on how far a recruit has to travel back home. So, why is he still going to get higher allowance if he is going to play for a school closer to his home?

20. tigator2019

tigator2019 Senior

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    it’s nothing like the beck situation