Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

D'Andre Swift Makes me Nervous

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by gatorcloud, Oct 20, 2019.

1. GatorChoice

GatorChoice GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    I'd say he makes you nervous for good reason because he's a heck of a talent.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    (1) turnovers will play probably the biggest key in this game, but two other major keys I believe will play a significant role in this game will be...

(2) first down defense, and

(3) winning the field position battle,

and those are vital keys in a game-plan vs a very good running opponent, as they all circle back to forcing UGA to pass the ball instead of running it.

As good as Swift may be, UGA's run-game still isn't as damgerous as AU's was because AU had a slew of multiple run threats to defend, including the QB, andnran a complex misdirection offense.

UGA runs a much more old school, pro-set style ground attack that is more along the lines of coming right at you, and not trying to decieve you like AU does.

But if we could defend AU's ground game, we can defend UGA's, but we need our two starting DE's able to play about 20 - 25 snaps apiece.

As we've seen, UGA has struggled on offense this year and imo, losing their OC was a big factor in that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I feel if one player can beat us then so be it. Go Grantham!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ufjulzz

ufjulzz All American

Jun 5, 2007
    It’s going to be a fun one. Yes, they have Swift, but we have talent as well on the offensive side of the ball. Go Gators

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Agator88

Agator88 All American

Oct 7, 2014
    Didn't 60 or so of those yards come late in the 4th right after we turned it over on downs and the game was over? We held their backs in check last year up until half way through the 4th.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. LAGatorDoc

LAGatorDoc GC Hall of Fame

Jul 29, 2012
    I have to say watching baby Dalvin Cook catch a swing pass and run right into and get tackled by the UK LB who was being blocked for a 6 yard loss was priceless.

Dem Cooks not too smart. Why he didn’t turn up field when he saw how far outside the LB was, was beyond me. That was 1 of seven completed passes by Georgia for a negative gain in that game. Pretty awesome offensive game planning there.

I think promoting their WR coach is biting them in the a$$ already, and will do so against us.

Their WRs were probably their worst position group last year and continues to be this year... so what do they do... promote the WR coach to OC... sounds of desperation to me. And he’s in way over his head.

7. DBCooper

DBCooper GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hendersonville, NC
    UGA lost their OC and DC from last season. Neither replacement is as talented or creative. Assuming UF’s walking wounded heal enough to be effective, this year’s Cocktail Party should be more enjoyable than last season’s. Gang tackle Swift, pressure Fromm on D and block anyone wearing red and black on O. Make Smart coach on game-day and good fortune favors the Gators.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sHiNeR2

sHiNeR2 GC Legend

Apr 3, 2007
    Defensively, they're still good. Granted they haven't played an "elite" offense. But the defense should always remain at least "solid", similar to Muschamp when he was here. I think they have the 6th ranked defense in the country. I still like our matchups on the perimeter against them though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatorfan96

gatorfan96 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    They have had some injuries at DB. I don't think they'll have the horses to cover our WR plus Pitts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorPUNX

gatorPUNX GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida was 1 slightly overthrown flea flicker and a terri-bad INT in the shadow of their own goal post from a much more competitive game last year. Mullen had a great gameplan last year, honestly IMO his best called game as HC even in a loss.

With all the ribs and jabs in the off-season I hope he backs it up. It seems for him this is the circled date on the schedule, otherwise he wouldn't have poked Georgia in the offseason like he did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. sir percival harvin

sir percival harvin Sophomore

Oct 14, 2017
    The offense can really help out the defense if we can get them chasing points. Lining up Toney and Pitts should really force them into difficult decisions and givenTrask some easy reads.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    A lot like Meyer promoting the Dazzler to OC here at UF. It was a bad move.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. gatorfan96

gatorfan96 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I wonder if Burney will be assigned to spy on Swift on every play. He seems like our best defender to help slow down Swift during the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Don't count on Toney being ready. Reports are "November" return with no clarity on what part of November.

15. nmd55

nmd55 GC Legend

May 24, 2007
    Yea I have feeling that Swift is going to have monster close to the season. Everyone wants UGa to open up the offense but they are just going to double down on the run game, which is probably their best option.

I have nightmares of Swift running a stretch play beating Reese to the edge and Stiner missing a tackle that turns a 8 yard run into a 60 yard run.

16. malscott

malscott Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    I didn't know Toney was playing! Is he our secret weapon? If so, I would imagine he's kind a rusty...

I just watched the Kentucky game highlights. Pretty fast defense. Pretty bad passing game. Great running game. Lotta praise from Stoops-'they'll be in the top five after the end of the season'...blah, blah. Not if we can help it!!!

Kentucky was awful and super-slow on offense-very predictable and one dimensional. Georgia out-hustled them big time and Georgia didn't look that great. After all, it wasn't till the fourth quarter until they scored. And also created a turnover. Their crowd was booing early on...:eek:

Georgia coach basically stated the'll do some walk-throughs early this week and get back to game-planning for Florida. First time I heard a coach admit they've been proactively game-planning for Florida.

We'll get Georgia's best shot for sure. Hope we're in their heads at least a little bit. We are more battle tested, as mentioned. We have a great passing game. Our DB's should be completely healthy. I hope our running backs finally break out. Perine and Pierce, as always pounding the rock. They've busted their asses this year and are about due a few key plays or more. Line is improving. ;)

Copeland has really ratcheted up his game. The other receivers; Pitts.

The big bad dawgs are beatable. I imagine our kids are about ready to be on the winning side of this rivalry about now.:cool:

Go Gators.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    We know how Spurrier treated the dogs. And owned them. Meyer was intense about rivalries. And owned them.

We need to treat dogs like dogs and OWN them again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. myltwon

myltwon All American

Nov 26, 2013
    Yes he puts up very good numbers

But he's also 95% of their offense. If most programs leaned on their run game as hard as UGA does they would have comparable numbers.

19. upstategator

upstategator All American

Nov 1, 2017
    uga fans wont admit it they but are scared, not even scared of this game but just the future. They know their boy wonder is a fraud and ks is scared too, he will continue to claim up and run a boring up the middle offense with the hopes he can just beat everybody down but that's not going to work. Saban doesn't even do that any longer. KS is the most uncreative coach out there but he can recruit, but how long will that sustain?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. SuperMOM

SuperMOM All American

Jan 31, 2016
    Living in GA, they have gone into hiding the last week.

• Agree Agree x 1