Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan Mullen NSD presser

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by HallGator, Feb 7, 2018.

1. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    I think he was counting walkons on the 105 man roster, where you are only counting OL on ships, as part of 85 man roster

2. Kerrdog

Kerrdog GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2015
    no, thank you for the offer. The wife washed my car last weekend while I studied:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    If that's part of the service here, yes, sign me up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. severnt

severnt Junior

Feb 2, 2012
    I don't think so (Dorian has yet to sign). I felt Mullen was kind of saying "win some / lose some" in regards to what happened earlier in the day. I understood his context as at least one guy out of probably NPF or Boykin did indeed surprise him. I'm not saying that's bad or anything. We should be gambling on some guys until the end given the coaching transition and super short recruiting season (and new signing structure too). It would be weird NOT to lose on a few guys at the very end. In fact, I felt Mullen should have maybe swung for the fences even more with the remaining top targets, but he's smart. I'm sure he was also trying to minimize an appearance of us not being picked by top guys. Managing perceptions in the day and age of social media adds an interesting element to recruiting success. You don't want to appear desperate and we didn't... but I do believe someone told Mullen he was coming and pulled a switch. Just wondering who.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Solid point

6. The_Graygator

The_Graygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Boykin flipping to ND probably surprised him. Reportedly, Boykin had committed on his OV but ended up with the Irish.

Technically speaking, Boykin is really the only one we "lost" from this class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    Nah, you can do the car later. I will even throw in a couple of cold beers or Vodkas after.

8. Notoriousgator

Notoriousgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Ahh, gotcha. It was Boykin. From what I've gathered he commited on his official. I'm more than shocked he went elsewhere.

9. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    At least we're competing with the big boys for recruits now and not the Kentucky's of the world (Mac). That alone is a good sign. We're in it with the Bamas, OSUs, F$U's and we're winning our share. Plus, if this is like all the rest post-SOS, this will be Mullen's worst class. I'll take that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That alone is pretty cool and we all know it.

• Agree Agree x 1