Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Dan Mullen - NFL?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by 62gator, Jan 3, 2021.

1. gatorich

gatorich GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Pensacola, FL
    Mullen apologists?
    Forget the bowl game, that was a throw away game if there ever was one. We were 12 points away from being undefeated in an all SEC schedule year. He definitely needs to address the defense, which was a big reason why we weren’t undefeated, but that was one heck of a year. If the changes that need to happen don’t, and we get a repeat of this year’s defense then he will need to have answers, but not this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Dan Mullen is not prepared for the NY Media circus and Jet fan base reaction to each loss. Perhaps another market, but NY is brutal from a psychological perspective

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You lost me with your first sentence. There's no such thing as a throw away game. How about the fans who schlepped to Dallas? Did they spend throw away money?

That's why the term Mullen apologists was coined in the first place: for folks trying to erase a game from his loss column.

The definition of the Gator Standard does not include throw away games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    With the currently fluidity of players and recruits, posturing for more money each year is irresponsible and destabilizes Florida football. I like Coach Mullen and hope he stays but enough is enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Nostradamus

Nostradamus GC Legend

Sep 18, 2015
    Why shouldn’t he answer for the defense this year since, as you said, it’s the reason we didn’t make the CFP? Another year of Grantham won’t change anything.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pasco08

Pasco08 GC Legend

Sep 5, 2013
    Dade City FL
    I mean Freeze would come in a heartbeat also Herman is available I wouldn't say upgrade but on the same level? Definitely

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    No, that was fake news. They took it down.

He said "open to" not "hoping to." Big difference.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. spincycle81

spincycle81 GC Legend

Oct 10, 2015
    He's done it as long as he's been a head coach. I love Mullen as a football coach but he really brings some baggage with him.

9. 4everaGator

4everaGator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 3, 2010
    Central Florida
    Cannot fathom people wanting to send Mullen packing! Cut him a bit of slack after turning the program around you pathetic little spoiled brats!

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  10. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    Here we go again. What a load of whiny guilt trip crap. You were freaking out when fans were calling for McElwain to fired and look at what a blessing it was. You were flat out wrong. I haven’t seen anyone that wants him fired - just some changes (defense, clock mgmt, recruiting = all valid). So what do you deserve? You are a fan, right? Or are you just above the rest of some that have voiced criticism? Did you deserve Mullen for hoping we didn’t fire Mac? Do you really think it is different at other big time schools or the NFL?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Has it been confirmed that Mullen is just posturing for money here? Or has speculation already turned into fact for some here?

12. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    Who is asking for Mullen to pack his bags - except for possibly Dan himself?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. RipCurl

RipCurl Junior

Apr 7, 2010
    The way he’s acted this season and now saying he’s “open” to the NFL should tell every fan that something is up. He could’ve immediately shot down this rumor and didn’t. Don’t be delusional and brush this off like it’s nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    If Mullen goes then Urban can come home and everyone can quit bitching about no landing 5 stars

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Nicho

Nicho GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It hasn't been confirmed, willy. Must be the mouthbreathers again. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  16. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm open to an affair with Jennifer Lawrence. But we'll see if it happens.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. beachgator23

beachgator23 GC Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    -because a coach or his agent actually confirm something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Legend

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    There is clearly a cult of misery on this board. Whether it is recruiting, the defense, or the head coach... some will never be happy. And they are more than willing to share the gripes and complaints and worry with everyone who reads the board.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 31g8r

31g8r All American

Oct 20, 2013
    Just like carnival husksters say “you pay your money you take your chances” who realistically didn’t think we would have opt outs? What were the schleppers expectations to see a live game? Did they think we were gonna post a similar effort to the SECCG? Perhaps bowl season spectators should have considered past efforts of other teams who lost in conference CGs before shelling out big bucks in a Covid compounded year. If you are one of the aggrieved having spent funds perhaps you should file a class action against the UA for breech of contract to put a competitive product on the field. Or better another quote “a fool and his money are soon parted”.

“Throw away game” might be semantics for many here. It simply mean that the results aren’t indicative of the season as whole or program in general, We played with a depleted roster or a variety of reasons. 2020 is in the rear view mirror time to move forward.

This year really boils down to the fans aren’t happy with big 12 games at UF. I asked in the past how we would react to losing games 48-45, guess what the bitching continues just like when we won or lost 21-18 games. We dont suffer loses well especially the nouveau riche raised on gator football 1990-2009 . Yes, DM needs to address the defensive side of the ball in a meaningful way.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Exactly. So you don't know.